• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple question..

fpchief

Will most of the sound powered phones talk to each other?? Will a TA/312 talk to a TA/1? Just need the phone, batteries, and slash wire for a 2 phone system right? J box for multi phone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scrounger

The TA/312 uses a couple of size D batteries, so it has a practical range of over ten miles. The TA/1 uses sound power to work and will work up to about three miles, even if the book says more.

The TA/312 will ring the TA/1 and visa versa. To get the best use, having good wire, that is dry makes a world of difference.
For a party line, one where every phone rings at the same time a SB993 switchboard works well. However, if you use TA/1s the system will be limited because of the limited capacity of the phone.

fpchief

Can I do a party line without the use of a switchboard? Just have about 4 phone with continuity between each?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scrounger

You don’t need a switch board unless you plan on running a lot of wire. If you use four TA/312s I would limit the total wire length to ten miles. If using TA/1s limit the total wire length to three miles.

There are many ways to run the wire.
Home runs, all the wire starts at the main house, one to the front gate, one to barn one, one to barn two. The three wires connected to the terminal posts on phone at house.
Wire goes from front gate to barn two to barn one then to main house.
The problem with running long lengths is the resistance reduces the signal and it makes it harder to hear someone on the other end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks