• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dome light measurements?

warcow105

An unexpected home expense has put a temporary hold on me getting hard doors, so I'm looking at the cheaper things I still need to add. I'm looking at the dome lights and need to know the measurements so I can mock stuff up and see which one I want to go with.
Does anyone have the measurements for the standard square one and the smaller round bae unit? Also any pictures of how you have mounted one, especially in a soft top, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

JoeJrTheBarber

Go check in the Ebay for "led rock lights" such as the ones below:
waterproof-off-road-led-rock-light-kit__27137.1522283047.jpg
They can handle 24 volts, are bright as ****, come in different colors other then white, and are small enough they can be mounted anywhere.
Maybe two facing the windshield and two facing the rear wall mounted on the B pillar ?

Last edited:

warcow105

I like the way you think. While they don't have the cool military look, they would certainly get the job done. I would probably end up popping them open to adjust the current limiter because they look a little too bright.
While we are on the subject, does anyone have any thoughts on the different blackout light colors (red, green, blue)?

Thanks,
Mike

JoeJrTheBarber

I like the way you think. While they don't have the cool military look, they would certainly get the job done. I would probably end up popping them open to adjust the current limiter because they look a little too bright.
You can buy LED dimmers to adjust how bright they are.
I did the exact same thing with the LED's I mounted in the bed of my M998.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks