• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Foggy gauges

Privatewrench

Does anyone else have gauges that fog up? My generator gauge and air pressure gauges get condensation inside the lense most time I drive it. They work fine and I can still read them, but it's annoying to see. Is there a fix that can help?20190214_123156.jpg

Private Wrench

Jericho

buy new ones! or put them in a box of dessicant and leave them there until they clear. It does work sometimes. ( its the rice and the iPhone trick .but more efficient )

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’d say put them in the microwave to dry them out... but my wife tells me people don’t get my sarcasm...

I have had good luck with burying the item in a cake pan full of dry rice, then placing in a warm (not hot) oven for a couple hours or overnight.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every 24 volt military vehicle I’ve owned (and its a bunch) will do this. I’ve never worried about it

Last edited:

sandcobra164

If you drive the truck regularly the gauges won't do that. My trucks sit and it's normal for the gauges to fog up after the lights have been on for a while. No Worries as long as you can still read them.

rustystud

Does anyone else have gauges that fog up? My generator gauge and air pressure gauges get condensation inside the lense most time I drive it. They work fine and I can still read them, but it's annoying to see. Is there a fix that can help?View attachment 755922

Private Wrench
The only way I know of to keep them clear is to keep the cab warm with a heater. I keep a heater in mine all year long. When the temperature goes below 50 F the heater comes on. It keeps the inside of my cab nice and moisture free including all the gauges.

texas30cal

There is damp air trapped inside, you can drill a 1/8” or so hole in back (carefully) to vent it so the dessicant will work even better, then as soon as you remove from dessicant seal the hole with urethane or silicone. If the seal on the gage is bad enough it will may return, if not planning on crossing deep water you can leave the hole open .

cobra5

Common problem because these gauges are sealed and over time the seal deteriorates and allows moisture in behind the glass. You can buy new gauges but they will eventually do the same thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks