• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Restoration recommendations

gskwared

I can upload pics later. I have 2 M1028’s both are 1985 models. One has a good clean frame and the other has a mostly clean cab with minimal rust on the cab corners only. The truck with the good frame has clean tenders that the fire department cut holes in to put lights. The other has a good passenger side fender but the drivers side has scoring from what looks like a previous owner tried to take the carc off with a wire wheel and gouged the metal.

cucvrus

Anything is possible. I have lots of replacement sheet metal. I retain every original GM sheet metal part I get my hands on. I bought vehicles just for the nuts, bolts and good sheet metal. Military and civilian the sheet metal and 98% of the parts are the same. I would be interested in seeing pictures before I could elaborate further. Are you talking everything gone over? Driveline, suspension, everything. That get in-depth. I have been there many times and am currently involved in 3 M1009's. I will look if you will show. Thank you.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVRUS's track record speaks for itself. If you can get him to do it, it will be money well spent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks