• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these brackets on my M116A2 for?

rm115

Hey guys,

I bought an M116A2 generator trailer last week and can't figure out what these brackets are for. The trailer came with bows, a vinyl cover, a tool box, and jerry can mounts but I'm not sure what these rectangular brackets were for. It looks like they held a wall of some sort in front of and behind where the generator went. Or maybe it was part of the generator mount itself? Does any one know what they held? Thanks

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I dont have a good answer for your question, but I can say I don't think I've ever seen the fender braces like that, interesting!

Guyfang

Staff member
There were several Power Units that were for commo units. The PU's had on both sides, racks for the Antanna tubes. The racks were held on with quick release pins. on the rear of the PU was a mounting bracket for a cable real assembly. Often, on the front, was a box mounted for OVM, and other tools. Or an end piece, where you could mount an ax, sledgehammer, and other tools. When I get home, will try to find a picture. What model numer for the PU, or PP is on the set?

Guyfang

Staff member
Looked in TM 5-6115-630-14&P, the TM for the PU-751/M Power Unit. There are no such brackets shown for this model PU, so I would say that this was a unit installed "Modification". A lot of this happened during deployments, as units often decided to get old trailers from DRMO and "Fix Them UP". Or if a unit was short a piece of equipment, they often were issued something from POMCUS to "replace" it for deployment. Once it was in hand, then "modifications were soon to follow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks