• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring leaf bushing bolt sizes

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone tell me the bolt sizes for the spring leaf bushings?

What is the NSN number ?

M1008 or M1009 ?
Rear bolt :
MS90728-150

TM9-2815-237-34.pdf
TM9-2815-237-34 Direct and general support maintenance engine 8 Cyl diesel naturally aspirated water cooled.

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

I think the spring bolts are all 9/16" x 18 on all CUCV's. Length I don't have memorized yet. But the front shackle bolts are 7/16" x 14. Good Luck. I know the spring companies have all that information.

cucvrus

I think on the front axle front bolt. But I think the rear axle springs may be 4 1/2". I don't have total recollection. Good Luck. I think M1009 and M1008/M1028 are all the same.

319cssb

Front spring shackles. I don't think so. I cut them and put them in the other way. They work the same. Been there. Done that. Good Luck.
I know that was my plan but, funny story.
i put the 7/16 grade 8 bolt in the shackle in the driver side. Torque to 50 ftlbs and it got really easy on me. First i thought thr poly bushing wasnt seated right. But it turned out the nut stripped. Had a good time cutting them off. Put the old bolts in and torqued them to spec - no problem. So now i want to get a OEM grade 5 bold before cutting the old one.
i thought fastenal would have good quality stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks