• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Educate me on GL and other gov surplus sites

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used Gov Liquidation many times in the past to purchase surplus machine tools (lathes, mills, etc.) for our machine shop so was quite familiar with their operation as of ten or so years ago. After reading the forum and looking at GL today, it looks like GL has evolved (or de-volved!) into a different beast that extends way past just military bases. I also see bits of info that GL lost their main gov surplus contract so does this mean GL is not a premier place to find surplus parts for my M923? Being in central Texas, I have a fairly target rich opportunity for the private/commercial surplus resellers but I also want to keep an eye open for misc items that randomly pop up on the surplus auctions.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most 939 parts are already out of the pipeline with somethings randomly showing up. Ebay is the best source. You can score great prices on somethings that people don't have a use for or know what it goes to.

Most 939 series parts are available thru your local parts store or their equivalent on ebay

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, thanks for the insight. I was referring more to tires and wheels so I can convert to super singles down the road and was assuming FT Hood and FT Sam Houston (both within 90 mins from me) would have these on a random basis. Maybe even a good, heavy pintle trailer. Would items like these still be on GovLiquidation or is there a better site?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Limited tires on Gov planet. Most tires are sold In scrap contracts and those are 50,000lbs and more.

Surplus sellers like myself and feltz tire in new Boston are your best bet

Buying the surplus lots you see on Gov planet can be bad or good tires. You just dont know.

We have 2 of the globe heavy pintle trailers available. much like my m322. 20ton rating. 30ft overall. I could deliver it to Dallas easily enough If needed. Or somewhere along the way.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
De-volved is the operative word. Market basically collapsed. I went from inbound won lots weekly to nothing. Fun while it lasted.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can find Feltz in WI but don't see a website for Feltz in New Boston, TX. I found an old post where you were doing deliveries out of RRAD and mentioned to call Rodney at 715-305-9993. Is he still the right contact for Feltz in TX?

Also, I'd be interested in a M322 trailer but fixing up my M923 with misc items and super singles will be priority for my cash. I saw a few pics on the forum of your trailer hauling trucks- you have a nice set up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
User name Hotrod168 on Ebay is his store. They have 2yards there but ship most stuff to Wisconsin.

If you want prices on the tires we have just let me know thru PM whatsizes. . I am anticipating a run to Dallas around March 1st.

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes- thanks for the info- I'll PM you regarding prices. Unfortunately, I'm working the weekend of March 2-3 so won't be able to meet you in Dallas this time you're in Texas but hope we can next time you're down here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks