• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help with NP218 issue

Machinist497

Hey guys, and ladies. I am putting in my freshly rebuilt transmission and noticed a weeping leak in my transfer case. TM's have been searched and I still don't know that it is. There is a plastic or some type of non metallic substance in the hole. Appears that it's possibly threaded. It's in the spot that rubs against the band holding the fuel tank. The included image is from the TM and points to the suspected hole. Please any ino is appreciated.

Attachments

DatGuyC

Funny, I'm working on the same issue today.

Rubber plug, not threaded or even really retained by anything but friction. Tapped the hole 1/8 NPT and put in a flush plug. Hopefully stops it from weeping. This is on a np218, not sure if the np242 is the same.

Attachments

DREDnot

I wonder if thats what I got going on now...It was a knuckle+ low when I changed fluid. Then it started the leak. There is evidence that it has been happening in the past.

DSCN8134.jpg

DSCN8141.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is very common, the rubber plug dries out....if the Tcase is out, pull the plug and fill the hole with some RTV and reinsert the plug.

Machinist497

DatGuyC was right. Upon further investigation it was a rubber plug without threads in the hole. Also thanks Retiredwarhorses, that's exactly what I did. Cleaned the hole and plug, generous dab of RTV and popped it back in. Thanks so much guys! This site is a wealth of valuable knowledge! !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks