• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2019 - February VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. 8madjack
8madjack.jpg

2. 155mm
155mm.jpg

3. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

4. profo
profo.jpg

5. m715mike
m715mike.jpg

6. Carboarius
Carboarius.jpg

7. eagle4g63
eagle4g63.jpg

8. Fatalid
Fatalid.jpg

9. Migginsbros
Migginsbros.jpg

10. ev2bfree
ev2bfree.jpg

m715mike

Alright folks! Put your blinders on and look past those other nine amazing trucks in the running this month. Focus on my little ol' M35A2. I'm calling it... This is the month of the Deuce!
SOCOM_HQ-G4.jpg

Over the remainder of the month, I'll give you several good reasons to vote for my Deuce (ha... as if you need a reason)!

Reason #1 - She is very well behaved and plays well with her friends (she even lets CUCVs join in the fun) >>>>

IMG_0226.jpgimage.jpgTow_5.jpg

m715mike

Holy smokes!!! This is gonna take some deep thinking!

They are all unique in their own way and just outstanding in every way!:papabear:

Ugh... :shrugs: Who needs to think? There is a little button next to "m715mike".... Click that button and then click submit vote. It's so easy a papabear could do it....

8madjack

Well, definitely an uphill battle in this field of entrants! My 931a1 had 2 prior civvie owners, and she seems to have been well-loved everything seemed to be in great shape when I got her, after driving her home through the California Gold Country from a little town called Murphy's about 50 miles away from me, I noticed some leaking axle seals, so that was the first thing I did after driving her home was to fix those.

20160827_084538.jpg 20160827_091737.jpg 20160827_091729.jpg
I'm continuing the trend by trying to take great care I also serviced the air dryer which looks really good inside and basically told me that somebody has been loving this truck before I had it.

8madjack

One of the reasons I picked this truck up was for something to use as a homemade fire truck during the fire Seasons out here. The guy I bought the truck from used it similarly, here is a pic doing firetruck Duty for him. 00101_g6dYIO1NuaN_600x450.jpg

When I serviced the air dryer besides keeping records in a folder I like to mark it so that somebody else can look at a glance if they don't have my records...20180629_182431.jpg

8madjack

So here is how the truck currently sits in my vision as my Homestead fire truck. 20181114_145050.jpg 20181114_145117.jpg
I fabbed up the water tank skid and the drop-down skid that holds the pump and hose reel.

sandcobra164

Thanks Ben Roberts. Working Trucks do seem to be a theme here and now mine is busy towing HMMWV's. I need to take more pictures, I honestly don't know who enjoys this old truck more. Since it's a contest I'm going to say my little buddy Briggs! He loves General Non-Sense because he says the big truck always wins if an accident happens.

Attachments

Migginsbros

This all terrain "Feldumschlaggerät" FUG 2.5 Y-4 is a great helper in the supply chain.
Powered by an aircooled Deutz Diesel Straight Six.
This 8.8 ton 4x4 steelsoldier drives in convoy with up to 50 km/h /32mph.

For streetlegal use you have to install the front bumper and get the mast between the driver and passengers cabins.

FUGcampain 051.jpg FUGcampain 052.jpg IMG_0122.jpg FUGtoday 009.jpg FUG 083.jpg

FUGcampain 006.jpg FUG 009.jpg FUGcampain 041.jpg FUGcampain 015.jpg 037.jpg The last pic is from a similar one.:D

Feel free to vote for this always welcome friend between the deuces, 5t, 10t...... and tons on pallets to maintain supplies.:driver::driver:

Edit: correct speed mph

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Everyone loves pictures but I love life experiences tied to them. My truck is probably the coolest playtoy for my little buddy, Briggs. He was sad to see the Deuce leave when "General Non-Sense" showed up but that was short lived. We've been all over the place and he's only made one "Non-Traditional" modification. His greatest love in life is the Railroad Industry, mostly Steam Locomotives. He made me put a sticker on the tailgate that says "Warning, I Brake for Trains". Better that it wound up on my truck rather than his Momma's! Now so equipped, we have to obey the sticker and stop for every railroad crossing. I asked him why and he said "Because the 5 ton could possibly de-rail a train". I think he really fell in love with the truck when I explained that Cummins 14 Liters powered quite a few diesel electric locomotive switchers. Technically they used Big Cam engines but Briggs doesn't need to know the difference. It's his "locomotive" for street use. I wish I had pictures from the kid drop off line the first day of school to add! Alot of parents had no clue what to think.

Attachments

8madjack

I know I'm swimming against the current here, but I gotta try! I don't have kids, but on my first trip to home depot I let a father son team climb all over her, got quite the big grin from both of them! Pretty much every trip to the filling station, etc. goes this way which is cool by me. The owner of the local bicycle shop has a bobbed deuce, I often stop in there when cruising around. Trucks a big hit at family day too where we run a "squirt house" (house clearing drills with squirt guns!) 20170520_111328.jpg 20180630_120833.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regardless of how much I like the competition (and boy is there is strong competition, eg. I love Miggins' forklift!!), 155MM will continue to get my vote until he wins by at least one.

Cheers

m715mike

It goes without saying that 8madjack has one well maintained and hard working 5-ton.
And 155mm's rig...:drool::drool::drool: That's all I have to say about that!
Then there's sandcobra… who doesn't like MV's and kids?
profo! I've seen that truck in person at a Louisiana rally - WOW!
Carboarius has one mighty fine MV.
eagle4g63... Armor? Did I say armor!
Fatalid - Who doesn't like a Deuce!! (more on that later)
As for Migginsbros' forklift... I don't care who ya are... The FUG is just fug-ing cool!
And ev2bfree - It's a M1075... a M1075!!!

Alright folks! Put your blinders on and look past those awesome MV's! READ MY WORDS! Focus on my little ol' M35A2. I can feel it! This is the month of the Deuce!
SOCOM_HQ-G4.jpg

Reason #2 - She loves to play games! Like follow the leader >>>>

Tow_1.jpgTow_3.jpg

An obstacle course >>>>

IMG_0899.jpg

And who doesn't like a piggy-back ride >>>>

Load out 3.jpgLoad out 5.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks