• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GATOR Bed Stuck Down

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an A1 Gator with the electric actuated bed lift. Actuator appears to be working correctly (goes in and out on command when disassembled) but when connected to the bed, it acts like the front of the bed is "locked down". It actually raises the back of the bed against the hinges but it just won't go up. I have tried to lift the bed with it and it just feels like its hung up or locked. Problem is, I can't find any lock anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you tried lifting the bed with a hi-lift jack or by hand? If the hinges move, its trying to do something.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the angle of the cylinder is wrong, it will hang up rather than push up.
Yeah that’s true but it worked before. It just doesn’t now. The actuator works fine but the bed just won’t tilt. I know the civy beds have a lock but I sure can’t find one on this. I may just pull the rear hinges and try to get a peek under there.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those lift actuators are not terribly powerful the way they are engineered on these Gators. Could it be stuck on a seat frame bolt or something dumb like that? I'm sure you looked, but just tossing it out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks