• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plan B hard top

Lazboytt

Anyone have the plan b hard top? If so how do you like it? Any issues or complaints? Pictures would be helpful

Looking to pick a hard top up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcamacho

I have the 4 man Plan B hard top.

Nice quality product. It has been challenging to get an effective rain seal on the rear panel to the bed though.

Lazboytt

Do you have any pictures of the door jam area I’m curious to see how the hard door seal against that top.

Lazboytt

I took a look at the other ones online you mentioned but they are a little to pricey for me unfortunately

Lazboytt

Completely agree but still feedback is good as we all know some competitors have similar prices but very different in quality. Good to know pro’s and con’s before making a purchase you can’t return.

BLK HMMWV

Why not just put an original on. it will make your truck worth more in the long run should you have or want to sell it.
Anything else is a waist of money in the long run.

Lazboytt

Do you have to change the b and c pillars? Do you need to change the windshield frame or just add the corner pieces?

BLK HMMWV

several styles of hard tops.
kind of depends on if you want the big hole in the center and all the related parts.
2 man hard top ? 4 man hard top?
turret ? no turret?
What is your long term goal for truck?
Most of the time depending on if it has a giant hole in the roof for the turret you need to change out or source the parts to support the front of the roof to the windshield frame.
you can modify a soft top windshield frame to work you will just have to weld on the spoons to the corners and install the front turret support brackets and backing plates .
Not sure how the B pillar would be effected if your not installing the turret support .
C pillar tube would need to be changed out to include rear center spoon for turret support . Not sure if your not planning on installing a roof with no hole in it.
You will most likely need to replace the C pillar supports or weld on spoons to catch the rear roof spoons. I'm not familiar with what a soft top C pillar tube and related support structure looks like.

Lazboytt

Thank you for the information. I’m looking at the four-man hardtop no hole so I guess I would not have to worry about the Turret support. For rhe back c pillar I have the iron curtain so that should support the back plus obviously the c pillar as well. I read up somewhere on the B pillar that you might have to cut the corners of the B pillar support so that it works with the hardtop but I’m not 100% sure.

JoeJrTheBarber

I sourced a hardtop from a slantback (with turret hole) and my buddies at BTR here in Chicago made it work.
Lots of welding / fitting / swearing / modifing, but its now a permanent part of my M998.
Top.jpg Roof.jpgTruck1.jpgTruck.jpg
Both the B and C pillars had to be modified to make the top fit as it should. All is now seam sealed, riveted, and welded so it aint going anywhere !
Once summer comes along I might cut back open the turret hole and make some sort of escape hatch / closeable sun roof thing to get some air in the cab on warmer days.
We shall see..

Last edited:

Lazboytt

Thank you for the info. Do you know what was changed on the b and c pillar? Was it just cutting out the corners and re welding?

JoeJrTheBarber

The C pillar had to have around 1" taken out of it and re-welded and the B pilar had to be "adjusted" so to speak to make work.
Not a ton of work but more then just plopping it on and having it come out right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks