• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 003 no power output, disconnected battery while running.

bchauvette

All of a sudden my MEP 003 stopped putting out powerAlso No power to the convenient outlet. The set came with a battery disconnect switch. I just realized After many days of searching the TMs that I I may have been disconnecting the battery while running. I've been scouring through the TMs looking for the stuff on servicing the rectifier bridge with no luck. If someone could point me to the TM number and location that would lead me to troubleshooting no power output. I would appreciate it. So the basic question is What are the diagnostic steps when there is no what power output.Sorry for the bad grammar. My stroke has left my brain scrambled. Among other things.

Thank you in advance

Butch M944A1, Mep 003,sold the Mog ( kermit)

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM5-6115-585-34 has a section on troubleshoot.
Page 2-9 in the July 1977 version of the TM.

If you have the PDF you can search for... ENGINE RUNS NORMALLY BUT GENERATOR HAS NO OUTPUT

Guyfang

Staff member
Before you go into the rectifier bridge, lets start at the beginning. Could be simply the S1 start switch. Or something simple.

Will the set start and run correctly? Do you have voltage at the load terminals? The 120 volt outlets are separate from the load terminals. You need to see if there is voltage there also. Does the set volt meter and frequency meter read right? If so, your set puts out power, just need to see why the 120 volt outlet doesn't work.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first sentence in the first post said he had no power at the convenience outlets.

Chainbreaker

Also, after checking Guy's start the easy diagnostics...have you checked the F1 (alternator fuse) and are you able to cycle/exercise the AC Voltage Reconnect switch?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks