Thread: Turbo NHC-250

Private
    Thanks

Default Turbo NHC-250

Hope Iím not beating a dead horse but picked up a 5 ton and it came with all the parts to turbo it. Iím looking for info in if what I have will actually work. I know some guys say donít do it. Others say you canít polish a terd. My take is, the parts came with it. If it wonít hurt it. Why not have something unique.

So, I have a 1970 NHC-250 in great shape and have a HE551V turbo with the liquid cooled intake manifold and two turbo exhaust manifolds. My first question is can The is turbo be used with just a boost controled actuator on the variable geometry control. Will this hurt the turbo or engine at low load?

If this wonít hurt anything Iím looking at running an air to air intercooler (selling the air to liquid manifold) and only running 1800rpm max. And max 1100 F. EGT And of course lots of pump tuning. If this would not hurt anything I think I can make lots more torque. I donít care about HP

Thoughts?

Private
    Thanks

Clearification the VGT controller is non electronic. Just a spring / diaphragm actuator