• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super single tires need resealed

smokem joe

I have a 923a2 that developed 3 tires that leak down over the winter. It was fine in the summer, but once the cold hit they all 3 go pretty flat within a week or two. I unhooked the CTIS on those tires to rule out something on that side and they drop just as quick. I have the correct O rings and rebuilt kits for the valve stems. I did a search and didn't come up with anything concrete as far as bead sealer on the beads or around the O ring. Yes or no? Anything else that would work better or no need for anything? I have watched the videos Wes made and he makes it look easy to get them dismounted. Still not looking forward to this though!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If its only an o ring just pull the old one out. New one on. Stretch it a few times. Use some tire soap to hold it in place or vasoline. It will try to pop off if it's the 0r220tg o ring. Then slide the outer ring on and start pattern tighten. Replace your valve stem seal while you are in there

Moisture in the tire was on the o rings. Got cold and cracked and leaked

smokem joe

I have new valve stem seals to go in when I break each one down. Figured it would be pretty stupid not to change them since I am in there

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks