• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

davidb56

Hi, Im Dave and live near Moyie Springs Idaho, about 2 miles from the Montana border. Im in the process of buying a M35A2 from a friend. I will do some mods to it to handle my environment.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it and get to benefit from all the knowledge and help available here.

What sort of mods are you thinking about and what are the environmental challenges?

davidb56

Tires......maybe go with a hub flip and wider tires, or stay with the cheaper NDCC and groove and sipe them. Add a 9 foot Bi-directional snow plow, and make up a set of chains. Hardtop the roof, improve the brake system possibly (I need to research) with a vacuum pump/master cylinder assembly from a ford diesel, if possible. Electric wipers, 24vdc winch, bucket seats, and a complete full service front to back. Or just go fishing and run it like it is.

davidb56

@ firefox.......Im from Stockton/lodi area. I worked for EBMUD until I retired in 2012 and moved up here. I love it here as there is 10K population in a 1200 square mile county. My Father in law still lives in Pacifica.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Sounds more like you live on the North Slope of Alaska than northeastern Idaho. I didn't know the snow got that bad in Bonners Ferry / Moyie Springs Idaho!

Sounds like quite the project to build a plow truck. Just for your use, or commercial work?

Good Luck with your project!

I think I like the hunting and fishing part better. Sounds a like more fun than pushing snow....

davidb56

I think I found a M35A2 I want on the west coast. I will have a 450+ drive back through some snow. It has Michelin 11.00x20 tires on it like I see a lot of on this site. Will I be driving back at 45 mph, or sliding back?

8madjack

Nice! I think I've actually heard the name, would have been pretty cool if I knew him but I've met a few. I only know one guy by name and now he actually works for El Dorado County Sheriff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks