• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

balsa

Thanks for joining Dave, I know Moyie Springs mainly from memory, but I went through it about a year or so ago when the whole Western half of Montana and Idaho were on fire. Never seen so much smoke in my 60+ year life. Just horrible as you probably know. That smoke didn't really begin to clear till you got outside of Spokane and past Cheney. So bad we saw Turkeys standing on the side of the road on US 2 outside of Libby with Deer using downtown like they were locals, which considering Libby might just be normal.

Moyie Springs sure does brings back some memories. Back in the 60's and 70's we went through there all the time to visit the grandparents. Back in the days when the old bridge existed, back when you actually pulled over to get a drink of water from the mountain along the now abandoned part of US 2 on the eastern side.

I remember seeing the whole town sand bagged like they were in the blitz because of the river. One time coming back to Spokane on old US 2 just east of the Spring we just missed being buried alive by a landslide. The car behind us just missed being squarshed by a bolder that was at least twice the size of their car. It was was a miracle they got through it alive. I've always wondered what their car looked like afterwards. Not sure you actually need an M-35 these days in Moyie Springs but survival does favor the prepared.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks