• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HydroBoost vent tube

kantucky

I am installing a deep water fording kit. The kit is from ebay. I am working on the vent line from the hydroboost. Instructions call for elbow 12339964-1. I've searched the NSN and I have what appears to be that elbow but it is too large to fit the vent hole opening on the bottom of the hydroboost.
It is about impossible to see the vent opening so I ended up cutting in an access panel. No way that what I have is fitting the vent hole.

Can someone verify what size the fitting is supposed to be? Caliper says outside of the threads is about .4 inches on what I have.
I went to multiple places today trying to find some smaller fittings to try but didn't have any luck.
I am hesitant to tap the hole larger without getting some opinions first.

The tubing that came with the kit (3/8" OD brake line) is also too large for most of the barbed end on the fittings also.

My hmmwv is an 87 GP from Yermo California.

Thanks for any assistance or insight you might be able to provide.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a small elbow pipe thread. It is whatever is the next smallest down from 1/8. Real odd size. I found a chart that lists it as 1/16. Other side is a standard nipple slip on I think 1/4 hard nylon tubing like air brake line.

Last edited:

kantucky

Thanks for the help and confirmation.
I'll order some 1/16 fittings since I couldn't find any locally.
I was able to confirm that my kit came with 1/8 fittings. It is hard enough to thread something you can't see and can barely touch, even more so with the wrong size fitting.
Thanks again.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help and confirmation.
I'll order some 1/16 fittings since I couldn't find any locally.
I was able to confirm that my kit came with 1/8 fittings. It is hard enough to thread something you can't see and can barely touch, even more so with the wrong size fitting.
Thanks again.
it requires you remove the splash shield on the left side....an approximate 15min job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks