• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me WC63

Wolfen

Not even close unfortunately. Here is what I am looking for. It's "3 long and the loop, is "1 in diameter. There is a lever on the back, that opens and closes it. Fastener.jpg

Wolfen

The one on the far right top is the closest. I'll keep it in mind. I'll be going by a boat place the Saturday after thanksgiving to take a look at what they have.

Another Ahab

The one on the far right top is the closest. I'll keep it in mind. I'll be going by a boat place the Saturday after thanksgiving to take a look at what they have.
If it's a good shop, chances are real good they'll have what you're looking for (or, can get it for you).

Wolfen

Things are at a standstill right now as I have pretty much reached the end of my skills and/or tools. I think I have identified the cause of the stalling when warm. The fuel filter was plugged with crud from the gas tank. I replaced the in line filter and cleaned out the sediment bowl. Seems to run good now.

Another Ahab

Things are at a standstill right now as I have pretty much reached the end of my skills and/or tools. I think I have identified the cause of the stalling when warm. The fuel filter was plugged with crud from the gas tank. I replaced the in line filter and cleaned out the sediment bowl. Seems to run good now.

It's great when solving a problem is simple.

You just wish every problem was so easy, you know?

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Good deal, that will give you more time to drive around local. Build some confidence, put on some miles and cycle in fresh fuel.

When driving the truck around carry an extra filter and tools to fix in case you get stranded. One of the keys is to enjoy what you are doing, get out and exercise the steering wheel.🏁

Wolfen

I dropped the fuel tank yesterday. I will clean it out and scrape off the loose paint on the exterior and then spray paint the bare spots. I have heard of a coating that you can apply to the interior of the fuel tank to keep it from rusting. But I searched NAPA's website, and couldn't find any thing like that. Does anyone have a source for this? Or maybe I'm using the wrong words to search?

Another Ahab

I dropped the fuel tank yesterday. I will clean it out and scrape off the loose paint on the exterior and then spray paint the bare spots. I have heard of a coating that you can apply to the interior of the fuel tank to keep it from rusting. But I searched NAPA's website, and couldn't find any thing like that. Does anyone have a source for this? Or maybe I'm using the wrong words to search?
It might be the same product sometimes used for coating air-compressor tanks:

- Maybe try a search for that product, see what you get

Jeff Lakaszcyck

I used KBS Tank Sealer on the 55 gallon tank on my Federal. It is a 3 stage process as you have to clean and etch before applying the sealer. I'm very happy with the results.

I described the process here:

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used KBS on my vehicles and it worked fine. Prior to that I used the electrolysis technique to remove any rust that had accumulated.

Wolfen

Managed to get the gas tank lined. Now I have to get the tank installed. Was Planning on doing that today, but the electricity was off most of the day. Couldn't run the lights in the shop. Thinking about giving up and selling it. Hard enough to find the time to work on it without the power outage for the day due to equipment failure at the power company for most of the day. Maybe I should give up on owning a WW
II truck. Plus I have been trying to getting a school to work on it since I have very litytle time lately. Been shot down at the schools I have called due to the length of the truck at almost 19 feet. Maybe it wasn't meant to be and I should sell it to someone who has dee4per pockets than me and let my dream die.

Another Ahab

Maybe I should give up on owning a WW
II truck. Plus I have been trying to getting a school to work on it since I have very litytle time lately. Been shot down at the schools I have called due to the length of the truck at almost 19 feet. Maybe it wasn't meant to be and I should sell it to someone who has dee4per pockets than me and let my dream die.
That was a very clever idea, but too bad nobody there to take you up on it.

Wolfen

That was a very clever idea, but too bad nobody there to take you up on it.
After I get the tank back in and the truck running, I will call a couple of community colleges and see if they are interested. I have also heard, that a state prison about 30 miles from here does mechanical work. Trying to teach the inmates a trade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks