Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New to me WC63

Thanks

I don't know how much longer I will be able to post. I,m in my upper 50's, and my blood pressure and A1C are high, I also have high chlolestrol that is currently under control. If I'm lucky, unless medication gets things under control, I will soon be taking to ST Peter. Than my sisters, can do what they want with my WC63

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wolfen For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (08-03-2019), cucvmule (08-04-2019), glcaines (08-03-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-02-2019), waayfast (08-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,096 Times in 7,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
    I don't know how much longer I will be able to post. I,m in my upper 50's, and my blood pressure and A1C are high, I also have high chlolestrol that is currently under control. If I'm lucky, unless medication gets things under control, I will soon be taking to ST Peter. Than my sisters, can do what they want with my WC63
    Wolfen,
    We're surprised to hear of your health challenges. I'm sure I speak for many here when I tell you that we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Heavenly Father,
    We lift up our brother in this hobby to Your tender care. You stitched Wolfen together in his mother's womb and we ask You now to restore his physical being and his health to Your original design. You know his internal workings and what has gone awry. You are the Great Physician and whether You manifest a miracle cure or if You work through doctors, we trust You for Wolfen's remedy and restoration. Focus the learned minds and guide the skilled hands of every medical professional who is helping do Your good works. Give to him peace and comfort as we all trust in You for these things we request. We claim that it is already done in the name of Jesus. And now we simply have patience as You work it all out.
    In Jesus' name we pray.
    AMEN!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (08-03-2019), cucvmule (08-04-2019), mdainsd (08-03-2019), Tracer (08-03-2019), waayfast (08-03-2019), Wolfen (08-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,882 Times in 5,790 Posts

You can do this, Wolfen, one step at at a time.

Some of these things can be medicated.

You don't need to "throw in the towel" like it sounds like you're doing. Build yourself a plan.

Are you doing that already?
    M35A2 w/Winch SOLD

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Another Ahab For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-04-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-03-2019), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

DO NOT GIVE UP! As soon as you start thinking that way things seem to get worse. Im at least a decade older than you, have the same issues and more. I am still enjoying life which includes getting out there and working on my babies. Blood pressure for one is manageable these days. Grab your self by the bootstraps, give a good pull, stand up tall and face these challenges head on!
    (1) 1998 M1025
    (1) 1996 Hummer H1
    (1) 1942 Willys MB
    (2) 1951 M-38s (one Army, one USMC)
    (1) 1951 Dodge M-37 (USMC)
    (1) 1968 Dodge M-615 Export Ambulance
    (1) 1942 Dodge WC57 Command Car
    (1) 1944 Dodge WC52 Weapons Carrier
    (2) 1941 Sperry M1941 Anti-aircraft searchlights (Army)
    (1) John Deere M-gators (USMC)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdainsd For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-04-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-03-2019), waayfast (Yesterday), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

2 Star General
    Thanks

Same here, I live for every day, Thank God, and Family. My Automotive Hobby has helped keep my hypertension level down, most times. I Hope that I can relate that You Can Get Control of Your condition. I will not get into my health when there is another Person that has a medical situation. You Will get treatment and move ahead and plan your Daysssss ahead of Time.

And as far as your Darling Sisters go, They want to Drive a Completed WC63, ROGER.

If you want to discuss, just talk, PM

Iamaheartattack, Survivor.
    Last edited by cucvmule; 08-04-2019 at 00:31.
    Belt Fed Multi Barrel Motor Motivated

Help From Above

GAU 8 See You Next Time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cucvmule For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-04-2019), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,096 Times in 7,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cucvmule View Post

Iamaheartattack, Survivor.

And I'll add that I wear the "Zipper Scar" upon my chest to remind me of my Triple Bypass surgery on August 9, 2007.... Coming up on the 12th anniversary of that life saving surgery!!!
    Praise be to God.

I never had the heart attack - they caught my arterial blockages and operated before I ever could have "the big one".

By the way, that bypass was done on the day after my 50th birthday. I figure they bought me another 50 good years until I have to have my pipes and hoses worked on again. I'll be 100 years young and truly hope to see that birthday, too.

Now, back to your health... Start with a good mental attitude. Add plenty of prayer and seek the peace of the Holy Spirit. And seek out and obtain the medical attention you body needs. And finally, follow the TM's as explained and interpreted by the medical professionals who know better than us amateurs.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-04-2019), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

2 Star General
    Thanks

Jan 20, 09 my second birthday.
    Belt Fed Multi Barrel Motor Motivated

Help From Above

GAU 8 See You Next Time

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cucvmule For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (08-04-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,050 Posts

Wolfen, Check out my restoration thread "WC51 or Bust". I think you may find many similarities to your vehicle that can help you down the road. Good luck and I hope you choose to go ahead.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

1942 GPW
    1942 Ben Hur Trailer

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinwoodsman For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-04-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-04-2019), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

In memorial Ron - 73M819 Robo McDuff's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,829 Times in 730 Posts

Soldier, you can have many more years in front of you, but you have to set your priorities, and counter these problems from three sides. Unless there is already a serious organ problem involved, these things can be gotten under control. Most of it your doc will have told you as well.

1) Normal medication: your doctor should be able to help you lower all three, but it takes time and discipline, probably for the rest of your hopefully long life. And just taking the medicine will NOT do it.

2) Most important, lose some weight and start do simple exercises. The best: go walk each morning 30-60 minutes, go swim a bit as well. Do NOT start work out like crazy; it will not work and give you a heart attack, but do something everyday.

3) check your diet and have a look at some alternative stuff as well.

My A1C is getting high as well, but lucky I am still in the orange range. Taking my glucophage every morning. However, just taking it keeps my A1C level around 47. Even a bit of exercise each day and less alcohol and sweets and it goes down slowly. If I stop doing that it goes right back up. Unfortunately, my discipline is not always that good, so it fluctuates too much.

However, I am lucky, my pressure and cholesterol are low; the "good" one actually too low, so I have to correct that as well. My brother in law (70 years) has the same problems as you, and last year a quadruple bypass, but he is getting back on his feet with medication. I have also asthma now, so if I walk slowly uphill for 20 minutes around our house, I am completely destroyed. However, its getting better the more I do this walk.

Hang in there, too much nice things to do still.

By the way, nice truck.
    M51A2 - M52A2 dual purpose truck, waiting for a double brake circuit conversion

The Soca / Izonso Front, also known as the the Forgotten Front of WW1

Czech Emigration Museum - Cold War, US Army Engineers in Europe exhibition in preparation

Our historic blacksmith workshop in Nove Hrady, Czech Republic

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robo McDuff For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-04-2019), glcaines (08-05-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-04-2019), Wolfen (08-05-2019)

Thanks

Im still hanging in there. Havent had much time to work on the truck. I'm currently working on installing a temporary fuel line from the pum to the carb since the current one, runs very close to the exhaust manifold. I think that is causing vapor lock issues. Hopefully the new fuel line will solve the problem. I am also looking for three fasteners for the chains in the bed of the truck. They look like this.Fastener.jpg

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfen For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (10-19-2019), cucvmule (10-19-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (Today)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast