• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me WC63

Another Ahab

After I get the tank back in and the truck running, I will call a couple of community colleges and see if they are interested. I have also heard, that a state prison about 30 miles from here does mechanical work. Trying to teach the inmates a trade.
Your plan sounds like genius, Wolfen, a win-win for everybody invloved.

Outside of the parts issue (and presuming YOU would be supplying those, of course), can't think why anybody wouldn't take you up on it.

Wolfen

Well the community college plan and the inmate plan went down the drain thanks to corona. On the bright side, I was able to take it out for a drive today. It ran great! Engine did not lose power and die. Apparentlly crud in the gas tank was the culprit. I will try and take it out for a longer drive next weekend.

Wolfen

Took my WC63 to a Automotive Shop. Had the brakes adjusted. Now they work great. Took it out for a drive today. Ran great. Unfortunateltly. the fuel gauge is a problem. It keeps reading full. So I will have to investigate this. I still need to put the canvas on it.. I will probaly have to pay to get this done since I can't seem to find anyone to help me. Beginning to wonder if I should it, since I can't get any help. What would be a fair price for a WC63, that is running and driving, has 7 +_1 good tires and wheels, with a gun mount and the canvas and windshield snaps. I just had the drivetrain oil except for engine oil changed, It has the origional 230 engine and it nhas a clean title in my name.

fasttruck

Adjusting brakes on a Dodge is not an insurmountable problem. Cab top over the driver's cab is a one man job: lay the top out on the hood upside down with the front facing the windshield. There is a bead on the leading edge of the top that fits into a channel on top of the windshield. From one side slide the bead into the channel and work it across. Flip the top over the windshield and fasten in the back.

Wolfen

I am only one man. Finding help. is a big problem. If I can't find help. I will have to sell it. I just spent over $300.00 getting the fluids changed and the brakes adjusted. It would be in thousands to get the canvas installed, plus the minor body work and the paint. My pockets are not deep. If any of you want to contribute money towards this, let me know. I will send you a Paypal link.

Another Ahab

I am only one man. Finding help. is a big problem. If I can't find help. I will have to sell it.My pockets are not deep. If any of you want to contribute money towards this, let me know. I will send you a Paypal link.
Never any harm in asking, like you did here.

And I sure would like you to enjoy your rig and all, Wolfen.

My problem is giving away cash isn't a hobby that I can afford.

Wish I could! But. I can't.

Wolfen

I understand Ahab. I will never judge people who can not contribute. If things don't change, I will have to consider putting it up for sale next year. My pockets, are not that deep. *I can not afford to send it off to a shop to complete the restoration.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am only one man. Finding help. is a big problem. If I can't find help. I will have to sell it. I just spent over $300.00 getting the fluids changed and the brakes adjusted. It would be in thousands to get the canvas installed, plus the minor body work and the paint. My pockets are not deep. If any of you want to contribute money towards this, let me know. I will send you a Paypal link.
If it comes to selling it just post it here in SS for sale and it will be gone from you.

Wolfen

I have decided to sell it. I am now devoting my energy to getting it ready to sell. Not my first choice, but it is what it is. I know I will take a loss, but at least this way, someone else will be able to finish restoring it. I don't want to be one of those people who will restore it someday. I have taken it as far as I can with out help. Since I can't get help, and the College and Prison ideas are out due to Covid, I am going to sell it.

Wolfen

I have decided to sell it. I am now devoting my energy to getting it ready to sell. Not my first choice, but it is what it is. I know I will take a loss, but at least this way, someone else will be able to finish restoring it. I don't want to be one of those people who will restore it someday. I have taken it as far as I can with out help. Since I can't get help, and the College and Prison ideas are out due to Covid, I am going to sell it.

Wolfen

Your mind is made up about this. That can be a good feeling.

I hope it sells for you good and quick.

Wishing you the best, Wolfen!
It is not somethimg I wanted to do, but it is what it is. Lack of help, doomed this project. I only have so much time, and I don't have all of the needed skills and tools to finish restoring it. If I can sell it, I will buy one that has already been restored. I don't want to be one of those people who will restore it someday. It is stored inside, so it won't rust out. And I keep mouse poisin in it to keep the mice away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks