• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M322 LT , Between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

BRob18E

Anyone that has the resources to recover the vehicle is welcome to it. I do not have the funds to recover this. I have been trying to make arrangements but have been unable too. Uship has been saying they would help but when it came down to it, they have not done anything but refund my money and had no concern that the shipper had abandoned the load on the side of the highway. I would rather the trailer go to someone from this site than to some impound yard. If whomever gets the trailer would like to help me mitigate my losses, that would be great, but I am well aware of the expense in recovering the trailer so if I don't hear from anyone, I understand.

I want to greatly thank anyone that has taken the time to try to assist with this. When good men no longer stand together is the day evil with conquer all. Thanks for the help and I hope whomever ends up with the trailer, it brings you better fortune than it has brought me.

God Bless and thanks again.

fasttruck

Lotsa luck with this snowtrac: check posts 29 and 30 for pics and description of this vehicle. Nobody is going to get that out of where is is unless they buy a new tire or have the capability to get it on a landoll trailer or such. As this is written the trailer has been there for a week so it is quite possible DPS has it by now. I haven't had the opportunity to go North Scottsdale to see if it is still there. DPS ordinarily tows unattended vehicles within 4 hours so the only reason I can imagine it has been there as long as it has is they can't figure out how to evacuate it. Owner of record should be cautious as AZ can run the GP numbers on the unit to identify you and then attack you for the removal costs bourne by the state.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They probably have not moved it since it can't be loaded without creating damage to it. Until their tow contractors show up to get it they probably feel as though it being that far off the highway that it is not hurting anything for the moment.

I was able to locate even the home address of the apparent shipper in California. Apparently being a surveyor made him a moron on trying to tow a trailer like that behind a pickup. Which he isn't the only one, it has happened on a few bases.

Simple call to a tire guy would get a new tire put on the trailer and make it towable to get it off the road. Needs a whole new front axle though. just might want a high lift jack to get it a little higher off the ground to hook it up.

Even with 2 new rear axle tires it would be towable. If someone had a clue how to chain that axle in the front up properly rather than what they have going on right now. I lift the front axle on my trailer all the time when I am in toll areas and I am empty. The rear axle and tires can support the trailer alone with that walking beam.

If i was near by it would be rolling and down the highway in under about 30 mins or on another trailer in 45. Not that big of a deal.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They probably have not moved it since it can't be loaded without creating damage to it. Until their tow contractors show up to get it they probably feel as though it being that far off the highway that it is not hurting anything for the moment.

I was able to locate even the home address of the apparent shipper in California. Apparently being a surveyor made him a moron on trying to tow a trailer like that behind a pickup. Which he isn't the only one, it has happened on a few bases.

Simple call to a tire guy would get a new tire put on the trailer and make it towable to get it off the road. Needs a whole new front axle though. just might want a high lift jack to get it a little higher off the ground to hook it up.

Even with 2 new rear axle tires it would be towable. If someone had a clue how to chain that axle in the front up properly rather than what they have going on right now. I lift the front axle on my trailer all the time when I am in toll areas and I am empty. The rear axle and tires can support the trailer alone with that walking beam.

If i was near by it would be rolling and down the highway in under about 30 mins or on another trailer in 45. Not that big of a deal.
Got to be easier than that mk15 we just loaded the other day!!!

snowtrac nome

i have a guy out of ca could pick it up but he is a few days out. in the mean time if some one had the ability to work the logistics there of getting it moved I could make it work. my guy in ca is bringing up a 200 foot boat this summer there is plenty of room on the deck and It would give me time to look for an axle. that trailer is just what I need for towing snow cats. I have a set of axles right now for my next trailer project but would rather have something plumbed for air brakes.

fasttruck

Reference post 45: "Simply call a tire guy. . . " In case any of you pilgrims have not checked these 45/65R 22.5 tires new seem to price out at about $800.00 or depending on what brand etc. Plus the road service call to install it. You need one just to get off the site where the trailer is now and three more to make it roadable plus rims. No brakes, no tail lights, no intervehicle electric cord and so on. Whoever is going to scoop this up is advised to come with a trailer and fix it at home. Run the numbers to your location: is it cheaper to buy another trailer than to replace all the missing and broken parts on this one even if you get it for free?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Reference post 45: "Simply call a tire guy. . . " In case any of you pilgrims have not checked these 45/65R 22.5 tires new seem to price out at about $800.00 or depending on what brand etc. Plus the road service call to install it. You need one just to get off the site where the trailer is now and three more to make it roadable plus rims. No brakes, no tail lights, no intervehicle electric cord and so on. Whoever is going to scoop this up is advised to come with a trailer and fix it at home. Run the numbers to your location: is it cheaper to buy another trailer than to replace all the missing and broken parts on this one even if you get it for free?
I have operated one of these trailers for more than 3yrs. I know every in and out of the trailer. A 385 65 22.5 tire can be run with the 425 65 22.5 that is on it. And the tire cost from even a reputable tire shop is only $300 for a new tire. You can even run an 11R22.5 as long as It is a pilot hub wheel which would be pretty cheap. Slap it on and go. The tire that goes back on it doesn't have to be the same size or width as long as it holds air. So even a 255 or 275 will work in 22.5 or 24.5. Or heck even 20 pilot hub wheel from an MRAP. It will have a weight capacity of 6400lbs or more so it can support the trailer easily. Or take 2 and dual the tires up on one side. It requires no modifications to do so... Yeah. We dont need any rookies out there trying to get it off the road. It will be more disastrous then it already is

Last edited:

BRob18E

It looks like he hired Jerrett.
If anyone does get this, could you please let me know just so I have piece of mind that it has been taken care of. I am not the lawsuit type by any means, but for someone to just leave another persons load on the side of the highway just doesn't sit right with me. If I take the responsibility for something, it's "MY" responsibility. If I had to take it apart piece by piece and Ruck it Ohio back and forth and that was my only option, that I what I would do before I left someone else's property abandoned on the side of the highway. Especially if I was the ass clown that loaded the trailer in that condition. So If the state pursues me, then I'll pursue the shipper. But that's not in my DNA, and although I write this now, I still probably wont. But, back to issue at hand, please let me know if someone has handled this or you know of someone that has handled this. From the above quote, it looks like porkysplace thinks I hired Jerrett. Do you know if Jerrett got it?
Thanks for the help. PM me if you would prefer.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the above quote, it looks like porkysplace thinks I hired Jerrett. Do you know if Jerrett got it?
Thanks for the help. PM me if you would prefer.
Inside Joke I think on another shipper and fiasco

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jarrett was an actor on the reality tv show "shipping wars". He either was or acted clueless.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is super easy, but not necessarily cheap. You'd have to get a wrecker, pick it up, and set it on a roadworthy trailer. Sure, you can get a tire put on it to get it out of the road, but it's still not legal to tow down the road. To make it legal, you are going to need at least 2 good tires, working brakes, and working lights. If you don't get to at least the appearance of legal, you'll likely never make it across several states with out getting put out-of-service, and then you are right back to square one.

I wonder what happened to the other stuff the shipper had on the trailer? The shipper was a idiot for thinking it was even a remotely good idea to pull the trailer like that empty across the country, much less with cargo loaded on it. Very illegal in the eyes of the law. There may be legal actions you can take against U-Ship and/or the trucker. Does the "trucking company" have a DOT number? If so, please post the DOT number, if you have it.

If nothing else good comes from this thread, let it be a lesson to be very careful with U-Ship. Personally, I would never use them, but people do sometimes get good service out of them. Sure, there are shippers out there that will rip you off with high prices, but you often get what you pay for with low shipping cost.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It was an individual. I actually found his home address outside of Los angeles. He is a land surveyor apparently

That is a public page by simply Google searching his number

Michael bollshweiller is the name on the transport guy who was on uship that tried towing the trailer.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was an individual. I actually found his home address outside of Los angeles. He is a land surveyor apparently

That is a public page by simply Google searching his number

Michael bollshweiller is the name on the transport guy who was on uship that tried towing the trailer.
So U-Ship lets people sign up with them without the proper authority to haul for-hire? That’s another reason not to use them.

The odds of that trailer ever making it to OH were slim at best. It’s a wonder he made it that far.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had probably 10 vehicles delivered by using u-ship with no issues and great service. I have no affiliation with uShip

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had probably 10 vehicles delivered by using u-ship with no issues and great service. I have no affiliation with uShip
Had two delivered via UShip, no real issues (Delay on one due to a blown tire, not abnormal). Loaded out on UShip a few times. As long as it was the right equipment it worked fine. (was fortunate and had access to a loading dock). Biggest issue was drivers (even 18-wheel pros) not knowing how to load down equipment. Had to stop one guy (no pro-18-wheeler) from chaining over an LMTV axle that would have destroyed some lines. It was a novel concept that he could use the tie down points to secure the truck.

fasttruck

Well sports fans: trailer in question is no longer on the side of I 17 in north Phoenix @ 1400H 03.11.2019. If DPS has it, BRob18E look over your shoulder as AZ has an abandonment fee and I am sure some clerk somewhere will leave no fines, fees, or penalties unassessed and uncollected. If the motor carrier's agent signed for the property in Yermo I supposed it their responsibility until you sign off as having received it. I hope you accurately described the condition of the trailer when you contracted for the cartage so Uship cannot wiggle off the hook claiming they thought it was roadable. As for the axle, I had a friend with several dump trucks (are dump trucks ever overloaded?) who used to get a mobile service, Axle Surgeons it think, to come in and replace bent spindles on the dump trucks. They would cut off the old and weld a replacement on the axle in your yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks