• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M322 LT , Between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes just alerted me to this thread; my apologies, but I'm not able to help at all. Amazon is in town so I'm working all week...I also got offered another side job for next week, so I just don't have the time, sorry. All of my trucks/trailers/equipment are in storage in Utah as well, it would take me a day or two to prep them for such a recovery.

My most sincere apologies; I hope that you are able to find someone to help.

Also, I haven't noticed it posted anywhere else, but why relist on uShip when you can call a reputable company like United States of Freight?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just sent you a PM with a broker's name and #, as well as a trucker I've used previously from CO. Good luck![/QUOTE

BKubu, I have checked my PM and no luck. Any chance you can resend it?
For all trying to assist, your help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the delay. I just resent the PM. My mailbox was full and I thought the message was sent (it was not).

fasttruck

Just for giggles Flagstaff AZ got 24" or so of snow Thursday and road conditions on I 17 north of Phoenix and on I 40 are ranging from very bad to shut down.

BRob18E

Where is this guy ? In a rest area or truck stop on I40?
The best reply I can get from the carrier about where it is located is

"It is north of the "carefree highway" on the 17 just outside Phoenix"

That's all I can get from him. I am in communication with UShip now and working the issue from that end as I have no clue where the trailer is located now. I'm assuming sitting on the side of the highway somewhere.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carefree Hwy is Hwy 74 on the northern outskirts of Phoenix. Should be no problem to get roadside tire service that close to Phoenix.

fasttruck

If the thing is abandoned on the shoulder of the road since Wednesday it is surely impounded and towed by now.

fasttruck

Took a ride and found your trailer on the northbound side of I 17 between mp 224 and 225 which is in the middle of the interchange with SR 74. I cannot imagine how anybody going from Yermo, CA to Ohio would be in that place.

This is not going to be an easy recovery. Lunette is 21" above the ground. No brake or electrical connections on the front of the trailer. No stop/turn signal lights. Rear brakes caged. Left front hub on the ground. To change the tire out on site will require several jacks as it will be necessary to jack the front axle all the way up to get the walking beam to swing down to get the rear tire/wheel off. Only way to work landing legs is with a pipe wrench as crank handle and cross over tube are missing. Serial # is 26838. Data plate is still on trailer. Have pics if I can figure out how to post them.

fasttruck

Photos taken at 1215H Sunday, 24 Feb 2019. Google Redburn Tire in Mesa, AZ if you want to find a tire. They deal in truck and equipment tires. They are about 25 miles from the trailer. I have used All Cities towing in the past but they are in Chandler which is on the south side of Phoenix and probably 40 miles from the trailer. Remember they charge by the hour door to door. Even with fresh tires to drag this thing on the ground through 10 states to get to Ohio with DOTs everywhere looking to impound it requires nerves of steel. Uship is a broker and brokers are regulated by the ICC. The driver is their agent. I am sure the broker and their insurer are anxious to get out from under this rock where is as is. Maybe you can get the ICC to sweat them as it is contracted to come to your house. Their ICC and DOT numbers should appear on their bills. As suggested in other posts this thing should be evacuated on a landoll trailer. If a step deck is sued you will have to get a heavy towing company to lift it to load it on the trailer. Then you can get tires, wheels, axles, brake drums etc at home because the most expensive place on earth to get this stuff is on the side of the road.

fasttruck

Reference post 32: it certainly is. I of course did not pay attention to it when I was standing next to the vehicle but it issued by the Arizona Dept. of Public Safety. Owner or carrier should call them Monday to find out what the grace period is because I am sure the impound fee, towing and storage will be expensive.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics attached.
First, Thanks! (not OP), but this is what SteelSoldiers is about. Helping each other!

BRob18E, advantage, your trailer is in an area that you could get a heavy wrecker and a flatbed next to it without many issues. But Fasttruck is right, that thing could disappear quickly.

Fasttruck, I want to see more pics of that pickup!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't any of you ever watch the television show?

The incompetence was very obvious...

Same people probably call uber and expect a chauffeur.

fasttruck

Attached is a pic of the sticker DPS applied to the trailer. It is dated 2/22/19 which is significant as DPS (state police here) typically tow and abandoned. This is from an e-mail I got from Trooper Lee in their PIO office (520-240-4426). I get the impression that there is some flexibility if they know it will soon be removed. As is: no license plate or owner ID they could get antsy. I think the only reason it is still there is the cops can't figure out how to move it. It was still there at 1330h today. Also pic of the pic-up, 1 1965 Ford F100 that originally belonged to the Navy and has been brought back to its original appearance. It is what Ford calls a DSO "code 83" vehicle for government sales.DSC_0033.jpgDSC_0045.jpg

fasttruck

Reference is made to post 37: the usual grace period for an unattended vehicle is typically 4 hours. This one as of today has been there 5 days. I'm thinking the only reason for this is that is well off the road and the cops haven't found anybody who can remove it yet.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Around here, if the DOT found something like that they would hang back, camp out on it, waiting for the violator to return and get it back on the road, so they could make some money, instead of being stuck with a huge tow bill and only junk to auction off.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, OP, is there a happy ending for this, or has your trailer become the problem of the taxpayers of the State of Arizona?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks