• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brake shoes issues

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would measure 5he depth of the brake you are using to make sure there is no difference in a deuce brake, and whatever trailer brake you have. Also pull the anchor pin and measure that. Obviously something isn't right. I would be very leery of welding on the adjuster like that.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
^^ I agree, you are messing with your and everyone elses life around you when you scotch hobble things together like that. You need to find out what the issue is.

FLYWHEEL

Here's a video guys it's on both sides upfront. I spoke with White Owl Surplus this morning and he tried his best to help but to no avail. Here's the video I hope you guys can help. https://youtu.be/N50AF0fMh9M
Have you got a cup like retainer on both ends of the springs, if so they have been assembled incorrectly as there should only be one retainer on each spring and a cup like washer on the lower pin as highlighted in diagram.
20181220_175345.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that is the case, then his wheel cylinders are likely to fail and or jamb.

I guess that is why you figure out the issue and not cobb job it...

MG2936

I had the same problem with a set of non military shoes. After a couple days of trying to figure what was wrong I simply welded a spacer on each shoe so it would make contact with the cam adjuster. It worked fine, I figured I just had a bad set of brake shoes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks