• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what are these guys for ?

sweetk30

got a ex m-1009 blazer here i am building up . its had a long service life as a m-1009 then painted white and half converted to 12 volt on some as a police blazer can see old sticker glue down the sides . then she was a dpw vehicle and now in private hands .

lets just say the wiring is all over the place by now . i am stripping a lot of it out and starting over . but since i dont do any real cucv stuff i was looking for a explanation as to the use of all these inline capacitors or resistors ?

can i remove them if going all 12 volt ?
what did they do ?

she was missing her 6.2/th400/208 guts so now its a sbc 400/nv4500/205 twin stick and some cucv m-1008 axles and a lock-right in the front riding on 37" tires and 7" of lift . she will be a family buggy for 4 is the plans .

thanks for any help on this system as i am not a wiring god and just get by as it is .

pic the day we got her at the work shop . and as it is so far in the build up . she is super solid as she lived most of her life out of the salt belt . you steam wash the under side you could eat off of it . last place it was a dpw vehicle was gardener Washington " were dinosaurs roam " old glue residue over the old police residue of there stickers . . . . we might even redo the old police stickers and add a old street hawk light bar i have with red or amber domes to the roof line again not sure yet . found this in the store was real funny as its about how its going to look minus stickers . :recovry4x4:

Attachments

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

Those caps are also known as condensers, and intended for radio noise suppression. Yes you can eliminate them on the motors if you want, but lave any you find in the charging system as they will help smooth out a-c ripple.

sweetk30

thanks snowtrac nome . i figured it was noise type filtering just wanted to make sure .

this has had all its military spec charging stuff long gone . she going full civi now . even did a serp belt swap on the 400 sbc with a setup from a 4.3 v6 and its 100 amp alt .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice. Figured I'd let you know, the stock rims you pulled off, are sought after items.

sweetk30

oh trust me i know that . thanks tho .

and the small stuff that was m-1009 parts i am saving also to maybe get a few bucks for when the project is done .

she going to be a good all around k5 blazer with some green blood under her civi police white paint .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks