• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Rearview Mirror?

Ajax MD

Quick question-

Was there ever an interior rear view mirror on windshield center post of pre-M939 5 tons and maybe deuces?
There are two screw holes on the center post right where a mirror would be mounted but I can't find a part number or any mention in the TM's.

For some reason, I have a vague recollection of a crappy, thin, small, mirror in our older M35's from my reserve days. Am I hallucinating?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one in my deuce, I got a pile of them at a scrap yard and they matched the holes in the window frame like it was made for it. Let me see if I can find a pic.

My bad, as time passes, you forget things! Here is the mirror(s) I had.....

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=99832

I bent up a bracket for the mirror to mount to that fit the holes in the frame. Sorry. After I saw the mirror, my memory came back!

Last edited:

Ajax MD

That's it! Ok, I'm not crazy. Will, do you have any of them left?
I can drive without it, but it would be nice to have one.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, all the parts and extras went with the truck when I sold it. I just got rid of my last stencil machine.

Ajax MD

Gadzooks, that is one clean interior.
I ran the part # through Google. No one seems to have any remaining stock. Ah well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks