• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm missing a relay

NormB

SOS..hello guys today I got the relay immediately replace it, but I still do not get electricity, now I realized that turn on the light of the AC circuit interrupter only when I put it in the position of CLOSET, if I put it in open, turn off.
is this normal ??

Seems to be. Took me a few minutes one day to troubleshoot this one.

When all else fails, read the manual(s).

Guyfang

Staff member
When does the 120 volt outlet have 25 volts? During start up? After you let go the S1? Do the meters come up? Then go back down? Or never even move the whole time? If you are getting 25 volts, (and its DC, not AC) then you are getting excitation, but the main gen will not light itself off. Does this gen set have the Quad MWO?

Guyfang

Staff member
Test the fuse, in the Quad MWO. Is it good or bad. If it bad, replace it. DO NOT just jump it. If its bad and you replace it, and its popped again, your volt reg is bad. If the fuse is good, and you still get 25 VDC after starting, you need to check the Main gen winding.

marcos

Test the fuse, in the Quad MWO. Is it good or bad. If it bad, replace it. DO NOT just jump it. If its bad and you replace it, and its popped again, your volt reg is bad. If the fuse is good, and you still get 25 VDC after starting, you need to check the Main gen winding.
hello guys, I test the fuse and it has no continuity, it does not work I have been a bit uncomfortable finding the 3 Amps / 600vac fuse, I could try connecting the end 8 on the voltage regulator directly.

besides that I also have the diode between the end 7 and 8 in the voltage regulator ..

dav5

I got my spare fuses on Ebay however I seem to remember they came from China and took a long time to arrive. It is not a good idea to bypass it as Guyfang has already advised.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do NOT bypass the fuse!!!!
A bad fuse generally indicates that the voltage regulator is bad (shorted bridge rectifier inside). A couple of hundred dollars to replace.

If you BYPASS the fuse AND the voltage regulator is bad it will burn up the quad winding in the generator head requiring a generator head replacement AND a new Voltage regulator!

As Guy recommended, replace the fuse with the correct fuse, start the generator, stop the generator and remove the new fuse and see if it's blown.
If it's blown that indicates a bad (shorted) voltage regulator.

Zed254

"I have been a bit uncomfortable finding the 3 Amps / 600vac fuse"

Quad Fuse is an FNQ-R-3. Best prices I've seen are on Ebay and Amazon. Mouser / Newark want $34/each today.

marcos

hello guys, finally I have electricity in the generator, I have to confess that I made a mistake, when I bought the fuse and installed it, the generator was in the United States in a storage unit and the fuse was not correct, so I am now on my Caribbean island (enjoying the 85 degree weather)

here unfortunately is not like in the united states, that you sitting in your house and with a laptop can buy what you want and prefer and it arrives at your house.
what I did was I took a small and fine filament and did the test, last less than 2 minutes with the generator on and everything worked perfectly, now I have to see how I get the fuse here on the island.

Last edited:

NormB

hello guys, finally I have electricity in the generator, I have to confess that I made a mistake, when I bought the fuse and installed it, the generator was in the United States in a storage unit and the fuse was not correct, so I am now on my Caribbean island (enjoying the 85 degree weather)

here unfortunately is not like in the united states, that you sitting in your house and with a laptop can buy what you want and prefer and it arrives at your house.
what I did was I took a small and fine filament and did the test, last less than 2 minutes with the generator on and everything worked perfectly, now I have to see how I get the fuse here on the island.

yo ya he comprado lo que Zed254 me indico en ebay,
Which fuse? I’ll be happy to send you one. I’ll order a couple from amazon or epay for you.

PM me your address and details on the fuse you need (the quad protection one or the other one).

Norm

marcos

Which fuse? I’ll be happy to send you one. I’ll order a couple from amazon or epay for you.

PM me your address and details on the fuse you need (the quad protection one or the other one).

Norm
thank you very much friend, but I am in the Dominican Republic, it is not so urgent, because the generator is not going to be used now because I am installing it to a house that I am building and still needs a long time to finish it.

I already bought it on ebay and when I get it I send it to be installed and they can use it and put a load on it.

so it exercise and keep active from time to time

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I am glad it works.

BUT, you could have been in big trouble too. You actually bypassed the fuse, and found you now have a generator which makes power. That part is good. The bad part is, you could have destroyed and made a lot more repair work to make it function again too. That means that fuse was blown for some reason. Do not think you are out of the woods just yet. You still might have problems. If that fuse is blown, that was in your unit, what did that?

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks