• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm missing a relay

marcos

hello guys, after 1 year with my 803a I managed to turn it on after making the oil changes and all the filters, it started very well without any problem or even throwing up a lot of smoke after 7 years without using (very happy:D:D) the only problem is that electricity is not produced, I have realized that some of relays is lost ..

My question is if all the relays are the same, here I leave you a photos so that you have ideas..

The first one from right to left.. can I buy one like the others..Thanks

IMG_8032.JPGIMG_8033.JPG

Last edited:

marcos

One question, for that reason is that the generator is not producing electricity, because I do not have that relay working or there may be another reason why it does not produce electricity

robertsears1

So if we understand you, you have just gotten this unit running and have never seen it working correctly. How did you acquire it, and was it demonstrated before you purchased it?

Robert

marcos

So if we understand you, you have just gotten this unit running and have never seen it working correctly. How did you acquire it, and was it demonstrated before you purchased it?

Robert
I bought it a year ago, I sent it to an island in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) now it's the time I turned it on but it's not producing electricity..but I have one relay missing,I already bought one and it"s on the way.

marcos

Put these numbers in the big auction site. Cost 24.00

5945-00-458-3351
KUP14D15-24VDC

Thanks Guyfang I already bought this one on Ebay,my problem is that I"m out of the USA and I have to wait like 10 days to get it,meanwhile I woudlt like to know if there is something else that I must do to figure out about how to get power from the generator

Last edited by a moderator:

jamawieb

The relay your missing is the oil pressure relay. Part of the system that excites the field I believe has to flow through the oil pressure relay so with it missing you will not get power. It's raining for the next 3 days here, when it stops raining I'll go out and pull my relay to confirm the theory, with it missing.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks Guyfang I already bought this one on Ebay,my problem is that I"m out of the USA and I have to wait like 10 days to get it,meanwhile I woudlt like to know if there is something else that I must do to figure out about how to get power from the generator

Can an you read a schematic? If so, you could use wire to jump that circuit. Would I do that? No, not unless it was life or death situation. Because if you get it wrong, you could do much damage. Or if you had no oil pressure, the engine could destroy itself. Not good. Like LITD posted, your best bet is to wait a few days. You have had the set this long, a little while longer won't hurt.

marcos

Can an you read a schematic? If so, you could use wire to jump that circuit. Would I do that? No, not unless it was life or death situation. Because if you get it wrong, you could do much damage. Or if you had no oil pressure, the engine could destroy itself. Not good. Like LITD posted, your best bet is to wait a few days. You have had the set this long, a little while longer won't hurt.

I have to wait for the relay to arrive, I have good oil pressure Guyfand I have a question that I would like someone to answer me, if it is possible that for lack of this relay is the reason why Im not getting power??

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at post #13. Jamaweib says it all.

Normally the set will not start without the K20. How are you starting it? There are ways to cheat the safety chain, like any other electrical device. If you know what you are doing, you can start and run the set with no relays. But they are there for a good reason.

marcos

Look at post #13. Jamaweib says it all.

Normally the set will not start without the K20. How are you starting it? There are ways to cheat the safety chain, like any other electrical device. If you know what you are doing, you can start and run the set with no relays. But they are there for a good reason.
The generator turning on and running like a champion,all the gauges works perfect except the ones for the power(percent rated current and AC Volt)

marcos

SOS..hello guys today I got the relay immediately replace it, but I still do not get electricity, now I realized that turn on the light of the AC circuit interrupter only when I put it in the position of CLOSET, if I put it in open, turn off.
is this normal ??

On the other hand, the Convenience Receptacle is only giving 25 volts.

only 25 volts from the lugs

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks