• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REDUCED: FOR SALE: My new uncut M151, what to do with it????

sarkis18d

OKAY, AS MUCH AS I WANTED TO KEEP HER AND RESTORE HER WHEN I GOT BACK FROM MY NEXT AFGAN TRIP, I CANT. I NEED TO MOVE SOME TOYS/ PROJECTS BEFORE I LEAVE SO I SOLD THE CJ5 AND NOW NEED TO MOVE ONE MORE AND THE MUTT IS MAKING ROOM FOR THE WIFES MUSTANG. ANY TAKER MAKE ME AN OFFER. i CAN SEND ADDITIONAL PICS IF YOU'D LIKE. LOCATED IN SOUTH PART OF FAYETTEVILLE, NC ZIP 28306. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT

sarkis_@hotmail.com

THNAKS SARKIS

Hey everyone, I am new to the M151 world and know little about what it takes to restore one or even what there worth. I just picked up this m151, told it’s a 196? not a1 or a2 model, missing gas tank and has some engine issue (bent push rod). I do also have another motor that is good (so I was told) I was told it’s uncut and in good shape, but the more I look at it seems like a lot of work. I have no idea where to get parts, even if there available????. What are they worth ???? Any help from where to get parts to tech support would be great. I am in the middle of a an M38 restoration and will have to part it for a year or more due to deployments coming up so I maybe interested in trades for m38 parts or cash if anyone is interested, let me know what you’re offering. Thanks ahead of time for all your help. Check link out for pics.

Sarkis

sarkis_@hotmail.com

http://m151uncut.mypicgallery.com/

Attachments

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M151

Oh the fun begins.Try g838 web site,they are all about the M151 series.Also try g503,they have a section on the 151.For parts there are a lot of dealers out there.Franks surplus is a great source and a very nice guy,TW Murray has about every part for your jeep NOS but pretty pricey.Riv Rad in the south is another source and of course there is ebay.
I have had a couple 151's and loved them.They are a lot of fun,easy to work on,and a large amount of parts available.
After looking at your pics it apears you have a M151A1.

FrankUSMC

RE: M151

Where in NC are you? I am down on the coast and do have some M38 and M38A1 parts. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

nattieleather

RE: M151

I agree with tbanks the g838.org group is a good group. It is a M151A1 and sorry to say this, but it looks like it might have been cut. Looking at the pics it seems that there might be a reweld spot. I like the electric light switches on the dash...lol.

It is rough, but with time and some money it could be made into a very nice looking mutt!

Tanner

American Growler in Robbins, NC is rebuilding Mutts with new bodies... might try & give them a call to see what parts they would sell for a resto.

http://www.capitaldefense.com/AmericanGrowler.shtml

121 N. Green Street
PO Box 430
Robbins NC 27325
(910) 948-2114

I know that they have a lot of suspension/engine/trans/etc parts there, but not sure if they are selling parts -

Tanner

L1A1

Sarkis18d
I'm in the process of finishing up the complete restoration of a 1967 M151A1. If you have ever driven any of the solid axle, leaf sprung tactical MVs than you are in for a real treat with the Mutt series of trucks! They ride as smooth as a modern car thanks to their independant suspention and are almost (we actually, they are) "peppy" on the road compared to any of the larger MVs such as the M37, M35 etc. Be warned though they do have some tricky handling characteristics for example do not take a turn above 25 mph or you'll roll it! I've created a list of vendors that I've gotton really great service from during the cource of my truck's restoration. Good luck with your's!

Saturn Surplus, www.saturnsurplus.com 1(717)692-9400
Front Line Military Vehicles (FLMV) www.flmv.net 1(717)252-4489
Rapco www.rapco www.rapcoparts.com 1(940)872-2403
Riv-Rad www.muttparts.com 1(1251)988-8666
TNJ Murray www.tnjmurray.com 1(877)736-1790
Spence Mackenzie 1(352) 796-8978 -this guy makes body panels and hard to find brackets.
Matt

txdodge43man

I have restored a m151a2 before and they are easy to work on. parts were madefor the mutt till the late 80's so they are out there. Some time NOS power packs (engine,trasmissoin) pop up on ebay . It looks like a M151 from the pictures the m151a1 have small yellow trun signal lights on the fenders and cat eyes in the grill and some other features. if memory servse me right. from your pics the driver side looks ok but the passanger needs heavy sheet metal work u might want to find if someone has patch pannel from a doner jeep. I is a unibody jeep just like a car so no frame means whatch for rust in the floor.

sarkis18d

Thanks so much for all the help so fas, I have been looking at numerous diffrent veders and other sources for parts and support, history of the MUTT. WOW there is alot out there. My plan was to park this piece for the next 18 months or so due to my M38 project and oh yeah Uncle SAM plans on sending me to afganistan so time is not on my side. If I cant find a good dry place to store it I may sell it so it doesnt get any worse and can be saved by someone else. Not to mention my subdivion neighbors are getting a little upset with my four jeeps in the yard. I love it. Thanks again and I'll keep you guys posted on my situation.

sarkis18d

shes got to go

Well My wife found a 68 Mustang she want and our deal was I get my M38 and I get her an early model mustang. Dont have room for 4 jeeps, truck and car so this one will be passed on to a better home instead of parked for the next couple years. It goes as is, no title (sorry) I know very little about this MUTT as I haven't had anytime at all to mess around with it. This is what I can tell you, previous owner stated it ran last year, he found bent push rod, looks like new floors where put in. needs dash work and passanger side is damaged.data plates are missing, everything looks there under the hood, no top or bows, 5 origianl wheels. please ask questions I will do the best to figure out an answer for you. best way to get to me is my hotmail account as I dont get on here as much as I should. Thanks

sarkis_@hotmail.com

oldtrk

I am new to this world and I have a few questions.
Can an M151 be registered for street use other than parades?
Are parts hard to find for some models and not others? Which is the easier model to get parts.?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks