• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which 5 TON is the best option for a toy?

snowtrac nome

I'm thinking a 5 ton is kind of big for a toy, even bobbed. They make a heck of a work truck, the duce would make a better toy and an lmtv will sit right in the middle. If you get your 5 ton stuck and it will happen look for something big and expensive to get it out. Same for my lmtv took a tracked excavator to free it up. If your idea is to go to parades than drive them all pick what you want. If your mission is to play off road than choose carefully every thing gets stuck and it sucks to get something bigger to get it out

Iceman3005

I'm really happy with my 813. It's super simple to work on, parts are still easy to get. Power steering is awesome. I drove a duece once, lack of power steering made for a crappy drive.

Plus there are options to increase the power output of the 250 cummins or drop a 350 or even a 400 big cam in it.

Also the newer style super singles can be mounted.

Plus it hauls some serious loads. Had 10 face cord of wood in the back, didn't even squat!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

74M35A2

I’m with sand’s opinion on off-roading. Have a winch truck and bring friends with winch trucks.

Not or sure if there is a worth category in this, but M939’s have seemingly doubled in value across a 5 year window, though not sure that will stay, drop, or continue to rise.

sandcobra164

I’m with sand’s opinion on off-roading. Have a winch truck and bring friends with winch trucks.

Not or sure if there is a worth category in this, but M939’s have seemingly doubled in value across a 5 year window, though not sure that will stay, drop, or continue to rise.
Watching Auctions lately I'd have to say go through the roof perhaps. The M939's have largely dropped off the auction site so they will go through a slight market correction due to non-availability and settle down in the 4K range that I paid for my truck second-hand. I'm only speculating and wouldn't take 4K for my truck unless my wife needed a kidney transplant and the CUCV, Trans Am, Silverado and Honda CBR 650F were already gone first. It's a good solid truck that I trusted to carry me to the 2017 Ga Rally while I was still on crutches after breaking my foot. I knew it would get me there and back along with the M1102 trailer that broke my foot in the first place.

Attachments

Lukes_deuce

I think it depends on what your looking for. Had an 813 with winch on 395s. Great truck and truck looked bada** I loved the 5 speed and simplicity. I did not like the small cab, its very loud and the 250 left power to be desired. Also the sprag was a pain and didnt want to work when I needed it off roading. I moved to a 923a2. Bigger cab, 8.3 motor has more power than a 250, 6x6 works all the time and you can have a conversation while driving 60. Parts are cheap and easy to purchase.

Never driven an LMTV. I think the concept it great but couldnt deal with the low top speed and the CAT 3116 motor is hit or miss.

All great input guys, ive been watching this truck for 8 months. Im dead set on it, power, load, loudness, none of those things are a factor for me. Im gonna slap some 53s on and crawl around the desert. Im sand blasting it and coating it in poly-urea, gonna put some detroit lockers in the back and locking hubs up front. A sound system a custom bed and a heater. Im gonna fab some bench seats and extend the cab 3 ft maybe 4ft. A train horn, led lights and lightbar, custom twin turbo. Oh yeah its gonna be the sexiest meanest M52a2 on the planet.
Ill be sure to post some pics when im done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks