• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 coolant in air tank

redrustyhill

Anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming it's a cracked air compressor head? It's not alot of coolant but engine coolant definitely comes out when air tank valve is opened

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cracked or just in need of a rebuild, the o-rings and paper gaskets get brittle. Have not seen too many crack. What engine is it? If the aftercooler leaks, the coolant can be drawn into the compressor and end up in the dryer/wet tank, remember, the compressor gets it's air from the intake manifold on the C series engine. If it is an NHC....never mind.

redrustyhill

It's the 8.3.

From my understanding coolant only flows through the head, not around the cylinder like in an engine, therefore no coolant passage between head and block for coolant to get into the cylinder?

redrustyhill

I'm not familiar with the after cooler, only ever dealt with charge air coolers. I didn't realize this engine had an after cooler.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, coolant only in the head. Take the inlet pipe off from the cylinder head to compressor. If no coolant, it is just the compressor. If an aftercooler leaks coolant usually, 8 of 10 times, migrates to the rear cylinders due to drive angle an hydraulics the engine, if the leak is bad enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks