• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Display, 24 Hours of LeMons Race and HooptieCon, March 9 Weekend Sonoma Raceway CA

Major Asstyrd

The organizers of this endurance road race for quirky cars and often quirkier owners has invited our MVs to display at this event during the weekend of March 9, 2019 at Sonoma Raceway, near Sonoma, CA. The two-day race for cars supposedly valued at $500 maximum takes place at many tracks around the country. From what I have seen, many owners blow a lot more than that on labor! The static, car show version, Concours d'Lemons, happens at or near big automotive events and elsewhere. For example their show in Seaside, CA in August is sometimes referred to "An ugly oil stain on Pebble Beach Auto Week." Our Lemons show is the only one happening at a Lemons race for 2019. You will see hoopties, rust buckets, art cars, misfits, mistakes, and the worst of the automotive world. Any GTB attending this show will immediately fit in. As always, judges will be accepting bribes for thrift shop sourced trophies. I think we can all agree that adding military vehicles to this show was a wise decision.

Those of you within range of a Concour d'Lemons can contact "corporate" to see if they want MVs at your local show.

The promoters have expanded two of the shows to create HooptieCon East and HooptieCon West (this event). Several other show promoters will also have displays here Billetproof for mostly 1950s-60s traditional hot rods and motorcycles, Radwood for 1970s-80s cars, etc.

HooptieCon displays are Saturday only. $20 per vehicle, includes two passes, and you get a couple laps on the track at 5 pm after the dayÂ’s races are over! There is trailer parking. You must pre-register for the display at https://24hoursoflemons.com/concours-d-lemons/

To get a head start and arrive Friday, a three-day ticket is $30 per person and dry camping is authorized in the general parking lot. This does not put your MV in the Saturday display. You may buy the three day tickets at the gate or on the website. I don't know if driving around the Ring Road will be allowed but my guess is yes because I hear one of the displays is way up by Turn 7. This will be a good time to check out the famous Sonoma Raceway aka Sears Point Raceway for you old timers.

Let me know if you register for the Concours d’Lemons display and I will let the organizer know so he can plan display space. I donÂ’t know if they will be able to spot MVs looking at the registration information. If you want to bring a big truck let me know to tell him.

Check out the madness at https://24hoursoflemons.com/ and see much good humor. The photos are the only way to explain it. Check out the racing rules. Let's go out and put our MVs in front of some new people!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks