• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator for mep803a

Would anyone happen to know if this alternator pictured below would work for an MEP803a I’m having trouble sourcing a spare IMG_0005.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at your alternator before posting this? I ask because the number Zed calls out is printed right on it, which can readily be dumped into any search browser for sourcing.

NormB

Keep your eye on the evil auction site (epay). These come up from time to time when someone buys a pallet load of them from gov't planet or other auction sites, or if they cannibalize their broken gensets.

I found a good used starter for $85 and about $12 postage (IIRC), a NEW alternator for about $150 delivered.

Parts/spares are like that. When you REALLY need one, they're scarce, hard to find, but the Green Mountain Boys always have them for about twice what last month's market rate was.

If you buy spares when you don't NEED them, but have a few hundred dollars around, you can find them really cheap.

Good hunting (Weidmansheil!), the game is afoot. Shop victoriously!

Norm

SCg Steve

Hello everyone, Reviving an old thread here, but I found a source for the alternator, currently in stock, for a third of GreenMountain's price. $111.47 plus $40 core charge. Not sure if i'm allowed to post the website, but here is the link. Apologies if im not allowed and please feel free to remove if it's against the rules. Also listing more info from Prestolite for Model 8RG3063
https://www.ascautoelectric.com/Category/A161320/Alternator/
Item number8MR3005CA
Sales number110-518
Series number8MA-8MH-8MR
National stocking number6115-01-459-1661

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks