• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Draconian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrilex

Banned
This forum has become a place where free speech isn’t respected or observed.

I get that closing threads can be necessary but this isn’t what I call a discussion forum.

Skrilex

Banned
Lol, I know right? Seriously though, we aren’t children. What’s the harm in discussion? I’ve never understood silencing people for repeating the obvious, or having a different point of view, or ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This forum has become a place where free speech isn’t respected or observed.

I get that closing threads can be necessary but this isn’t what I call a discussion forum.
Feel free to leave at any time , I bet at the rate your going a moderator will speed up your journey off the forum.

springer1981

People often mistake forums for public locations that allow for Free Speech however a forum is Privately owned and not subject to Free Speech. Just like if you go into someones house and spout off at them. Your "Free Speech" will get you thrown out. Same here.

Skrilex

Banned
I understand that, I just think that especially on a military vehicle forum that the concepts that make this country great would be at least attempted to carry on. Nobody is getting hurt, no hate speech, just discussion, sometimes with opinion. It seems the opinion part is a problem for some folks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next time, ask a moderator why your thread was closed.

Do not start a thread criticizing the forum(for it).

Your thread was closed for a few reasons.

It was clear your thread was never going to satisfy your desire and it was clear you were going to do whatever you wanted(no matter what advise was offered).

There is no good reason to let a thread like that continue. It will degrade into argument and insults.

We strive to keep the forums a "nice place" on the internet. Not a place for that.

Nip it in the bud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks