• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for wheel o-rings and CTIS valve seal rings?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a source or civilian part number for the o-rings in the wheels, or the little copper ring gaskets that seal the CTIS valves on there? I thought someone said once that McMaster had them, but I can't find them.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do. I don’t remember the pet number. Have ordered and used the o rings a few times now.
Any idea what size they are, or maybe if you get a second could you log into your account and get the numbers out of your order history? Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or420. You can get them in rubber for cheap or or420a for silicone

Gemplers or any haltec distributor can get them

coachgeo

PS....... this Tire O-ring info is listed in the parts spreadsheet stuck to top of this forum and was deeply discussed in past thread. Granted....... search engine in most boards like this one suck so finding that past thread..... good luck.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I'll try Gemplers in the morning. It would be good to get the McMaster part number too.

As that other thread asked, if this is so difficult, how is everybody else replacing their o-rings? They're just reusing them?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I reuse them if there is no damage. I have changed maybe 10 wheels/tires and found the o-rings fine for reuse except for 2 that had not stayed in the groove and got smashed. That damage is obvious (but they still held air). BTW I use regular grease on the o-rings and they 'squirm' right into place when the wheel halves are tightened.

Ok Wes, you can get off the floor where you are rolling in laughter at my declaration of having done 10 wheels. You would do that many in an afternoon :)

Be sure you check your valve stem seat too. I just tok one apart for the second time to fix a loose stem nut...mutter mutter.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I reuse them if there is no damage. I have changed maybe 10 wheels/tires and found the o-rings fine for reuse except for 2 that had not stayed in the groove and got smashed. That damage is obvious (but they still held air). BTW I use regular grease on the o-rings and they 'squirm' right into place when the wheel halves are tightened.

Ok Wes, you can get off the floor where you are rolling in laughter at my declaration of having done 10 wheels. You would do that many in an afternoon :)

Be sure you check your valve stem seat too. I just tok one apart for the second time to fix a loose stem nut...mutter mutter.
I hate LMTV wheels though. They just have too many beadlock bolts. The 20 bolts is why i bought the Counteract stud cleaner tool. Make things alot easier. Be sure to check your wheel facings for cracks. The LMTV wheels crack on the face way too easy. They are a different design than the old 5 ton wheels which makes them weaker for anyone using them in a heavy capacity or even extended period of time.

You can reuse the old O rings if they are the silicone type. They will be orange. The OR420 the A means arctic and is designed not to freeze and pop if moisture gets into the CTIS system like the rubber O rings would do on the old M939 series trucks.

When reusing the old silicone o rings i find it best to use Super 77m or the Super 90 something spray adhesive. Either in a green or red can. It works well on reseals and does not damage the oring in the event you ever take it back apart.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure to check your wheel facings for cracks. The LMTV wheels crack on the face way too easy. They are a different design than the old 5 ton wheels which makes them weaker for anyone using them in a heavy capacity or even extended period of time.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology. What part is the "wheel facing"? Have a picture of a crack in one?

Have a part number or link to that stud tool?

The quotes in that other thread of yours, through Gemplers, are for the orange silicone seals, correct?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology. What part is the "wheel facing"? Have a picture of a crack in one?

Have a part number or link to that stud tool?

The quotes in that other thread of yours, through Gemplers, are for the orange silicone seals, correct?
The wheel facing that bolts to the truck it is made into one piece as part of the beadlock nuts. It is what holds the wheel together... On the older 5 ton wheels the beadlock ring just bolted on and slide down into the wheel and the wheel facing was made as part of the wheel.

The Orings are orange yes cause i got the arctic type.

This is what happens when the facing breaks... All that was left was the little face and it was thin. Other pic of a crack.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The banjo bolt crush seals are Dana # 673999. Can be ordered by any Spicer Distributor. Even oreillys.

Crossville, TN Spicer facility shows 5000+ in stock. Each pack comes with 4. about $12 a pack.

Attachments

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The banjo bolt crush seals are Dana # 673999. Can be ordered by any Spicer Distributor. Even oreillys.
Crossville, TN Spicer facility shows 5000+ in stock. Each pack comes with 4. about $12 a pack.
Looking at the diagram in the parts manual, you need 2 of those per wheel right (one between the banjo bolt and the wheel, and one between the banjo bolt and the bolt head)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks