• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile locksmith shop, shelter conversion

DDW

Out with the old, in with the new!

70177616_1166784570185940_2766940600644141056_o.jpg

After having my 2007 Ford F150 since 2008 it was having issues. It was not a 4X4, however it worked for me. I'd hoped this would have lasted longer, however it had developed some major issues. The truck had exhaust manifold bolts snaping, creating a much louder truck, it was sucking up gas heavily, at 160,000 thousand miles, the engine just was tired. I tried brainstorming several options, however it is what is, a old truck, with rust, check engine light was on from multi failures. :(The most important thing I need for my locksmith, safe and vault company is a truck that it's; kept up, one that's dependable, customer service is most important with on time response, getting to the customer's location in a reliable truck during harsh weather conditions, and professionalism is number one.

My goal was finding a truck, and that was a challenge, most new trucks are fully loaded, they are really expensive, costing you a arm and a leg. Most used trucks have a lot of mileage and they are asking a lot for them. I was between a rock and a hard spot. I found a new truck just exactly like I wanted. The salesman, Alex was really cool, young and smart :) , I've been buying a lot of cars, trucks, vans since 1980, it's a whole different buying experience today, unfortunately Alex didn't know that 2019 Ram trucks can come with manual windows, this one did so I'm happy and I got to enlighten Alex about this throwback "Classic" truck, a single cab, 8' box, manual crank windows, rubber floor mat not carpet, real brass key in the dash, and a great Hemi 5.7L engine, 8 speed transmission. :) Unbelievable a truck that is exactly what I wanted and it was on sale :) , a 8' box, single cab, rubber mats, manual crank doors, actual key for the ignition, cruise control, a bonus is the funky modern radio, hands free phone, steering controls, screen that I'll never use.

Another bonus is the locking rear end, which is a added feature and the 4X4 making my life easier than 2 wheel drive. Overall it's a great truck, best bang for the buck, the discount was unbelievable so I bought my very first Dodge Ram. I normally purchase Ford's, Chevrolet's, Lincoln's, Mercedes Benz, Nissan's, so this is a first. The engine on this truck is a 5.7, something like 395 hp but its not a gas guzzler. Back in the old days a 395 or 400 engine would suck down the gas. My old Ford F150 engine was really tired, having a hard time to get up and down hills, downshifting a lot, guzzling gas, off and on smoking, the electrical system was tired. The good thing about my Ford is it never left me on the side of the road. :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks