• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck names - whats yours?

Choppers

In almost 30 years of active duty (29 5 9), I rarely saw a vehicle without an official or unofficial name.

Many were written on the vehicle, many more simply spoken, and a few just had their title.

I once had a *** truck named JETHRO, and thats the name of my m923a1.

Later I had an m1078 named Cracker Jack, and that's what I call my m1078 now.

DO we still name our trucks and other vehicles?

If so, whats yours?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My kids and girlfriend named all mine over the years-

- Unimog is Moggie (cats in Ireland are moggies)
- M813 is Mongo
- Green M931 is Dragon (it is for "dragon" trailers)
- Camo 931 is Large Marge. It often gets called Candy Smasher, because it is very good at destroying candy thrown (by others) during parades.
- XM704 is The Dog, because it had spurious Gulf War markings and Dog of War on it when we got it. Markings are gone, the name Dog stayed
- V100 is Nessie. It took 3.5 years to restore, so it was much talked about, but seldom seen, much like the Loch Ness monster. And it can swim. (Blame Reloader64 for that one)
- One M1009 is Hot Mess. When we first picked it up, it was pretty but had a lot of mechanical issues. My girlfriend, after driving it home, got out and said "That thing is a hot mess!!"
- The other 1009 is mechanically wonderful, but had faded ugly paint, so it is Pig Pen (after the Charlie Brown character)
- Sam, aka Pawnshop, says all trucks are girls, so they should get girl names. My M109 was originally his, the name Gertie came with it.
- When Sam first saw the M1028A2, he said "It may be a girl, but it's a manly one!", and pronounced it Lola (Think of the Kinks song of that name :) )
- M185 is Sgt Pagan. It came from GL with the name on the windshield, and I had an good instructor in Marine infantry school named that, so... (He pronounced it Pah-gone)
- The M416 trailer gets pulled by the M1009s. It is Stalker, because you know it's following you all the time, but you don't really see it back there.
- The Champ seems to have acquired the nickname The Pig because of it's shape

Some of the other stuff has been named, but I will quietly admit I don't remember them all. I usually use the designation, but daughters and girlfriends don't seem to find those easy to learn.

Regarding the V100/Nessie - My daughter is artistically inclined, she made a little green Loch Ness Monster out of sheet magnet. Every time the V goes out, the magnetic Nessie gets moved somewhere new on the hull, so you have to look hard to find it. :)

Cheers

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife named her, wife said 'All i see when I look at the truck is the name AMi' so thats what she got named.

IMG_2596.jpgIMG_1945.jpg

Katavic918

First deuce was Charlie because of the C on the bridge plate. Hmmwv is Whiskey because the lot/auction number on the windshield started with WKY. Haven't officially named the other deuce yet but I'm leaning towards Avenger since it was apparently a prop in one of the Marvel avengers movies.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first M35 is Armadillo cause it is painted tan from the desert. The second is Warthog cause it was just ugly and the third is War Wagon. My first M211 is the Old Farf but the second is currently unnamed. The M1009 is the Frog, cause until I got the fuel system working, it kept “croaking”. The G506, M37, M52 And M59 are still awaiting to be named.

Gunzy

My HEMTT is Megatron. 21192517_10207490208733804_7858666289751553261_n.jpg
I also have a Green Bricklin SV1 called "Kermie", a '68 Shelby called "Elaine", Eleanores younger sister. LOL

sandcobra164

Personal Trucks

M923A1 is "General Non-Sense"
M1028 is "Sarge"

National Guard Trucks

M1089A1P2 is "Swamp Donkey"
M1089A1P2 is "Becka Tha Wrecka"
M984A4 is "Home Wrecka"
M1152A1 (contact maintenance truck) is "Pandora's Box"
M1152A1 (contact maintenance truck) is "Side Chick"

My National Guard trucks are all stenciled, I'll take pictures this weekend!

Jericho

Our M 931A2 is Chief! the M 109 A3 is the deuce and the M 561s are the Goat and the racin goat ( has a chevy small block 400 ) all named by my grand children

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A2C is named "Pandora" and the S-280 com box on the back is "Pandora's Box"

Z

Personal Trucks

M923A1 is "General Non-Sense"
M1028 is "Sarge"

National Guard Trucks

M1089A1P2 is "Swamp Donkey"
M1089A1P2 is "Becka Tha Wrecka"
M984A4 is "Home Wrecka"
M1152A1 (contact maintenance truck) is "Pandora's Box"
M1152A1 (contact maintenance truck) is "Side Chick"

My National Guard trucks are all stenciled, I'll take pictures this weekend!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks