• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck names - whats yours?

waayfast

The Ward LaFrance M1A1 Heavy Wrecker is named "Papa's Lil' Home Wrecker". (Appropriate risque' WWII bare-bosomed nose art pending completion of repaint of vehicle.)

Jim

Attachments

Jericho

our M 931 is the Chief, the M 109A3 is the Deuce and the Gama Goat is simply either the goat or the racin Goat .

Weller

I've named all my trucks.
My 1991 HMMWV is named Stormy.

Once bought a 2500 Dodge Ram at state auction to haul stuff I was buying at GL in Oceanside. Coming up the grapevine hill I told my wife let's name her Rhonda. Clicked on the radio and "Help my Rhonda" came on. She's been a great truck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m109a3 had 'Belleville the Dollhouse' written in pencil on the driver side engine flap. So she is 'Bella'. Haven't named the m37 yet or the m1008 railroad truck. Everything else I have is named, usually the name just comes to me naturally while driving them.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 76 has "L'L Hummer" on the front and sides of the hood. Was that way when I bought it. I have also seen it on YouTube from before I owned it. Smashing up a Jeep Cherokee.

CRayGill

1998 M1088 I converted to an M1083
“Sloth”
For obvious reasons.
:roll:
58mph top speed? Maybe with a Union Pacific pushing it. Downhill. In neutral. With a tail wind. On the fifth Sunday of the second month of the third year of the... :cookoo:

Last edited:

CGarbee

I've never named a vehicle... My friends have been known to name them for me, then I have to think hard when they talk to me in order to figure out what vehicle they are talking about...
My vehicles are:
The Cummins M37
The XM708 (sometimes known as "the little dump")
The M817 (sometimes known as "the big dump" - friends have been known to call it "tic-tac" based on the 200 or so tic-tac-toe games scratched into the paint on the inside of the cab...)
The XM813, (sometimes known as "the cargo truck" - friends have been known to call it "don't run" since it had "don't run" chalked on the doors by the folks at DRMO/GL when I picked it up...took a pair of batteries and a PCB to drive it off post...)
The Mule
The Jeep (M38 )
The Tractor (M931)
Sold last month, but I did have "The wrecker" (M816)

Others have been known as: the yellow M37, the blue M37, the grey M37, the Suburban, the Yukon, the 944s2, the 914, the 855 (aka "the little Deere"), the white Kenworth, the Red Kenworth...

You get the idea...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks