• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest battery combinations? M1028

Droolguy

Wow, looks like running 4 batteries is not nearly as rare as I originally expected. I am surprised that the weight of 4 cracked the fender though.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The batteries each weigh just over 60lbs. Much of my driving is off road. a few hard hits is all it takes with 120+ lbs on one tray.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my M1008A1 off road almost every day on the ranch.
A lot of driving is on barely improved dirt roads between my land parcels.
Lots of holes and bumps.
Occasionally will hit the “WTF was that!”.

No cracks or fender issues and the Hawker 6TAGMs tip the scale at 88lbs each.

Matt5

Banned
Could be sun, could be a million things, I had things plugged in before never got ice like that. Either way... nothing impressive about a normal operating truck. Have many 6.2's here and have no issues with starting... if I had normal temps below 0 I would run 5w40 but seeing as below 0 is not common I run 15w40, glow twice (as I run 60g plugs, slower heating) they fire off...

My problem with the "super" cold has been antifreeze leaks... That cross over tube leaks until it warms up... guess it contracts too much or what not... either way... these trucks are not famously hard to start... the internet is of no use anymore, 20 years ago ya, not every ahole was on it... now... it is pretty close to worthless.

tourus

just throwing my 10 cents in on this matter. I have had my 1010 for 10yrs. 8 years as a daily driver. I just have to say that I think there is other things going on if these trucks don't start in the cold. I say this due to the fact that I never had a problem with mine starting once I got EVERYTHING straight. Glow plugs injector pump(rebuilt and turned up15%) new marine injectors batteries fuel and oil and air filters. my truck sat outside all day and half night 18hrs. I would cycle the glow plugs twice step half throttle turn key. truck would start hold throttle for couple seconds then let off. I could even send someone else out to start truck when I could not get out side due to job that day. so I say there are other things going on if these trucks don't start with out being plugged in.my truck is converted to 12 volt. I converted it before I knew as much as I do now. when I bought it some one be fore me let all the magic blue smoke out of the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks