• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA-Ronald Harris Memorial Gathering 3/16/19 Lula Georgia 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who is bringing the chips and dips?
Coleslaw would be good?
We are good now on drinks I think, Gary and Daniel got soft drinks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So why are there no pics posted, yet...?:-(
Don't forget us commoners who for some reason couldn't attend. We are all there... in spirits! :73m819::beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed! I wanted to attend.

My thoughts are with Ron's family and all my friends who are there today.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I didn't even get to raise a toast to my fallen Brother because we had a rollover today...(tractor/trailer) and it was kinda messy....but I DID think about Ron and now I WILL raise a toast to my Brother from another mother.

sandcobra164

Today Swiss hosted a very touching Memorial Service for Mr. Ron Harris. We had Lunch, Fellowship and Honors were presented to the Harris family is a manner most fitting. Ron's ashes were transported and distributed in a manner I'm sure he'd have been proud of in a NHC-250 powered 5 ton to a field on Steve's land where they had spent many hours together. He rode in an Ammo Can. Everyone had an opportunity to recall fond memories of Ron and even the owner of the PLS that Ron died in showed up from Los Angeles, California. This event was a true testament to the strength and caring of this awesome community. Daniel had never met Ron or any of us East Coast Members and still felt the need to Honor Ron by attending his Memorial Service. I must admit that I teared up when Steve tossed the first handful of ashes. That was the moment it really hit me because even though I've been told he was gone, that's when I truly knew. Many Thanks to the hard work of members on here for putting together a Great Memorial Service dedicated to a Wonderful Man.

Attachments

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I luckily was able to attend and would like to thank Mr. & Mrs. Swiss for inviting all of us to Swisserland and putting this event together. Although a very somber event it was good to see old friends, meet new ones and say goodbye to one. It was a pleasure to meet Lucy and let her know how much we loved Ron and that we have her back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks