• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A1 Beeping?

SSchwake

Finally got my new toy home (all is good) but it's letting out a quiet beep about every minute or so when it's completely powered down. My old 923a1 was doing the same and I found the PCB bypassed - once I replaced it, the sound went away.

Unless it's bypassed in a way that's not obvious, this unit's PCB seems ok.

I don't want to ignore it in case its a battery drain.

-Anybody ran into this before?

Ajax MD

The main battery switch is off when it does this?
I've never heard of this before. Did a previous owner add some aftermarket gizmo that is tucked away somewhere?

SSchwake

The beeps sound as if a short pulse is being sent to the parking brake buzzer. I recently replaced all my batteries and cabling, so my initial thought was incorrect connections. I’ve double checked everything - it’s not that.

SSchwake

I've had my PCB disconnected for a few days (which stopped the beeping). I reconnected it today, and the beeping did not return. I'm assuming I have a weak contactor in the PCB (guessing).

Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or a switch that isn't cutting the power off completely Could be either one with an intermittent issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks