• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 Brake Pads/Shoes?

Rybak97

I'm in the process of changing out all brake pads/shoes and rotors on my M1097A2...... while doing everything else (geared hub seals, ball joint rubber, bushings, tie rod rubber, etc....)

I asked a local diesel mechanic to order me a set of brake shoes for the truck through O'Reilly's and the weren't right, see picture. They were shorter and had no chamfer on the edges for wear in. In the pic attached the old ones are on the top.

I did some digging in the Parts TM and found a kit p/n RCSK17215 and when I found them on Eastern they were $200 for 4 shoes. That listing had a link to a single shoe, NSN 2530-01-253-2825, for $13.99 per shoe. What is going on?!? The single shoes on their site look short like the ones at O'Reilly's but $200 for the kit of 4 seems steep. I want the proper shoes and will pay $400 if I have to but dang!

Am I missing something? The TM's do call out 4 for the fronts and 4 for the backs, are they different? I just want a full set of pads, can someone open my eyes to whatever im struggling with?

Attachments

Rybak97

Brake pad and brake shoes are two different things. Last time I checked, Humvees do not have drum brakes.

Eastern’s prices are always ridiculous.
Parts TM calls them "disk brake shoes" so that's what I call them. I'm aware that my truck doesnt have drums. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have 12" vented rotors...I have nos surplus pads........2530-01-420-8025

springer1981

If the ones in your picture fit I see no reason you can't use those. The pad design is slightly different but overall they look like would fit from what I can see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks