• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m151 fuel tank

exoilfld

The manual pickup on my tank has 2 connections for lines and another possible place that looks like it may be some sort of vent. But, there is no connection on it, just a hole. What is supposed to be there and where would it go?

Guyfang

Staff member
What kind of tank do you have? There are at least two kinds. You might want to look at the parts TM, and compare it to what you have.

Guyfang

Staff member
Go to the top of the page. Click on Technical Manuals. Scroll down to the Korea to Vietnam tech manuals. Click on it. Go to the very last thread. It's for jeeps.

m38inmaine

There are generally two types of tanks, one has the electric pump inside it often called non-emission tank and the later tank without pump(mechanical pump on engine) with extra connections called emission tank, there may be a non electric pump tank without emissions but it's been a long time and can't be positive.

exoilfld

the tm 230-218-34-1.pdf covers most of the fuel system but nothing about the tank. I think the connection in question may be for a vent but the connection is broke off. Wonder where it is supposed to connect to?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the tm 230-218-34-1.pdf covers most of the fuel system but nothing about the tank. I think the connection in question may be for a vent but the connection is broke off. Wonder where it is supposed to connect to?
Look through this TM ( TM's ending in -P are the parts TM's)

Edited with correct parts TM;
TM9-2320-218-34P.pdf
TM9-2320-218-34P Direct and general support with special tools manual for the M151 series truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

hambone

This is a pic of the early tank, it was used on M151, M151a1 and early A2's, the 151 and 151A1 had electric fuel pump mounted in the tank, all A2's had mechanical pumps, so there are two different hats for the early tank.
IMG-0096.jpg
This is a pic of an emissions tank that I removed the emissions
IMG-0102.jpg
This is a stock tank with emissions
photo-94.jpg
Do you have an electric pump in tank or a mechanical pump?, the electric pump will have a power wire going to it, the pump mounts to the hat, the early A2 hat will only have a pick up tube and vent, I can get more pics if needed, hope this helps. Hambone

Last edited:

nattieleather

If your mutt is an A1 it should have the electric fuel pump in the tank under the big circle and also a fuel return line long with the power hook up for the pump. The smaller circle is for your fuel sender. Of course if someone put the mechanical A2 fuel pump on the motor then who knows how your vehicle is set up. Hope that helps.

papakb

It would also have helped if you had told us which 151 you have. The 151 and A1s have one style tank and fittings and the A2s have a completely different style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks