• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE Cross Reference / XREF

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

Does any one know of any parts cross reference/XREF similar to Cabell's awesome M37-related offering: http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/PartsCross.PDF

I've used that thing a ton in the past and still get a kick out of walking into NAPA and ordering up part #1 and part #6 on occasion. Yes, they still stock the dang things!!

I know of limited xref info based on purchasing a filter kit from Expedition Importers. I'd be happy to list them out, but really, a larger list that somebody could PM me whatever bits and pieces they have... I'd be happy to put together a PDF of it.

Cheers,
SJ

Speedwoble

Let’s also recall that if we don’t support the primary parts vendors, they cease to exist. I know it is convenient to find stuff locally, but in many cases they have to order it in anyway.

peakbagger

Rocky Mountain Moggers has non a SEE specific version for basic components like filters. The easier approach is just find a European supplier as Mogs are far less rare and routine maintenance parts are far easier to find.

rtrask

[h=1]Here is some info, if this is what you are looking for.
VDO Engine Oil Pressure Sensor With Warning Contact 5bar 360-081-034-002c
[/h]https://www.ebay.com/p/VDO-Engine-Oil-Pressure-Sensor-With-Warning-Contact-5bar-360-081-034-002c/1050789020

Part, NAPA Part Number
Battery, BAT 7256
V-Belt for Alternator, 25-9570
V-Belt for Hydraulic pump, 25-9440
V-Belt for Power steering, 25-9530
Air filter (main one), 2522
Air filter (inner one), 6560
Fuel Filter, 3167
Hydraulic Fluid (AW 32) 5 gal, 85-905
Brake fluid (Dot 5) qt, NBF 45032
Either canister ea, KAT 33121
Lucas grease (Construction grade) tube, LUC 10881

Others
Rear hydraulics filter (for backhoe), Pall filter HC2124FKN8H
Synthetic 80W oil for transmission, Red Line MTL 75W80 GL-4 Gear Oil
Oil filter, Mann H 1366-X (NAPA says they don't have this filter equivalent)
Bosch diesel primer pump, 2447222126 (I bought this at local diesel supply. Very happy with it)
Front hydraulics filter (for bucket), Donaldson P169014

alpine44

Rocky Mountain Moggers has non a SEE specific version for basic components like filters. The easier approach is just find a European supplier as Mogs are far less rare and routine maintenance parts are far easier to find.
I am tempted to organize a group buy for the steering ball joint rubber bellows, the bellows for the hand brake cables, and other tidbits that are Unobtainium here.

rtrask

If you do I'm in I would love to have the dust covers for the

Drag Link
7 PFOZZ 5340-12-313-8108 D8046 000 330 1085 .BOOT,DUST AND MOIST .............................. 2

and Tie Rod
6 XAOZZ 64678 000 330 08 85 .BOOT,VEHICULAR COMP ............................ 1

Energy Suspension is supposed to have the Tie rod ends
https://www.benzworld.org/forums/un...t-repair-finally-great-way-2.html#post2301459

and claims that the correct Energy Suspension part number is 9.13119G. A quick web search returns several hits, including at Auto Zone.

Sounds good right?
But if you go to the Energy Suspension web site they give pretty clear instructions on measuring for fit.
https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/universal-dust-boots.asp

dust-boot-dimensions.jpg

I have the pin diameter at 22 mm for the tie rod ends and 24 mm for the drag link.
The diameter of the base is about 40 mm for the tie rod ends and 53 mm for the drag link.

If you look over their options, the 9.13119 (no G listed) supports a pin diameter of only 16.5 mm the base is close at 41mm
If the Tie rod end can be made to stretch, perhaps a the 9.13126 with a pin diameter of 23 mm and a base of 54 mm could be made for the drag link.

But the next problem is that from the pictures in the Benz world link, the base with cup to hold the dust cover looks like the base of the Drag Link.
I have been stuck wondering if the Benz World link is for a different model of Unimog, and indeed the guy that created the post has the 416 Unimog.

If I can't locate any other options I will try 3.13125 (which has a 18.5 mm pin opening), and 9.13126 because I have already torn down and cleaned up both sets of ball joints, but I would much rather work with something that at least looks like it would work on paper.

Last edited:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am tempted to organize a group buy for the steering ball joint rubber bellows, the bellows for the hand brake cables, and other tidbits that are Unobtainium here.
I would consider joining in such an effort. I've containered stuff by myself before and know it can be a hassle. With a bit of help, it wouldn't be all bad...

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some info, if this is what you are looking for.
That's good stuff! I have the napa pn for the proper batteries. And a couple other odds and ends to add too. My local napa guy gets a real kick out of helping me locate stuff in their system, so I'll have to find a slow day to go dumpster diving with him before it warms up again outside.

I'll put together a spreadsheet and try to figure out the best way to post it (google docs??) so that we can work on it collaboratively.

peakbagger

I would consider joining in such an effort. I've containered stuff by myself before and know it can be a hassle. With a bit of help, it wouldn't be all bad...
I have run into a seller out of England on Ebay that sells the various boots. He has an ebay "store". He doesn't list SEE specific parts and I haven't gone to the trouble to see if his parts line up with a SEE.

Merex in Germany has a good reputation. Their parts guy speaks English and as long as the parts are not too heavy they can fed ex them.

rtrask

I have located a supplier in Germany that sells the full kit (head gasket, intake and output valve, plus a gasket that fits between piston liner and the block ( this last gasket is not part of the original kit but seems like a good addition). The costs are in Euro's but the kit it self is < 18 dollars. The shipping is about 56$, but does not go up for multiple parts kits. They also sell pistons, and cylinder liners for a reasonable price ~ 50$ US if I remember. If you are interested PM me and we can share the shipping costs to get it down to a reasonable number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks