• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is my M1008 Worth?

billybatts299

Sadly I must sell my M1008 after only 1yr. My family & I had fun with it a parades, plowing but moved and don't need the plow truck anymore. Since I got it I have replaced all tires (-500 miles) Front pads, calipers & brake hoses, 1 alternator, starter & relay mod, both batteries, glow plugs, new used seat. She has some rust and needs an exhuast. I have a bunch of extra new parts. What do you think is a fair price?20190216_114450.jpg20190216_114502.jpg20190216_114631.jpg

dougco1

How much $ do you have in to it? That's a good place to start. I personally walk away from a truck with a mounted plow.

dependable

If I were looking at it as a good solid, low miles work truck, easy to work on and no computers, instead of a collectable MV, might be worth $5 or 6K. Depends on amount of rust and local market though. The plow would be a plus in that case. My opinion only, not a lot of low rust ones around here.

I know it is not the in the same category, but new 4x4 diesels are going for $60 or 70K.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plow = Abuse and salt.
I wouldn’t give that truck a second look.

Now the UH-1H and two AH-1s in the background........I would pay good $$$ for those.

Can you PM me any details about that location and Helo owners?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in an area where we use plows all the time and I would never consider mounting a plow on a half ton pickup essentially the front end is shot after a couple years and the automatic trans right after that. You would be best to market that pickup as just what it is and that is only a plow truck, good tires new batts If I were buying that truck for my parking lot i would offer you 2 grand if everything worked great and the exhaust leak was fixed, if it were a 3/4 ton I would go to 3500. Nobody cares about the rust then but the plow and vehicle must all work as advertised. Around my area people pay top dollar for plow trucks because WE NEED THEM AND USE THEM A LOT!!! Good luck with the sale and I hope I didnt burst any bubbles when I told you what it would sell for in my area!

Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the correction Marcus I dont normally play with the little stuff so I was mistakenly looking at it like just another GM pickup! My mistake!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks