• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flame heater

FLYWHEEL

I just found this picture on here of the flame heater fittings (circled), but noticed on my truck that they are reversed. The TM also shows them in the configuration in the photo. So my question is does it mater or will it cause any problems.
20190303_112451.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Id delete as its a common occurrence for them to leak. Many times it leaks on the turbo which could cause a fire.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the injector even has "in" and "out" stamped into it's body where the lines should go... Probably best to check that.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The flame heater is an ingenious device that was state-of-the-art in the 1960' . While a rebuilt/well maintained system will still work, it does not age well and can cause undesirable leaks and is a fire hazard. There are equally good and simpler systems available (metered ether dose) and they are not even "un-original" to the trucks.

The high compression of the multifuel means that it will heat up the cylinders quickly and start in weather that is normally associated with Diesels being difficult to get going. Unless you are facing "real winter", you will likely be fine without any starting help. If you need a starting aid, personally, I prefer the ether start and have the flame heater securely capped off.

18operator

As Gimpy said they are prone to leakage. Mine did just that right on the turbo. Luckily I caught it in time before a fire could happen. I still have the heater installed, Just deleted the fuel source.

davidb56

how about this instead. Im also adding a 120vac block heater. But a 12vdc intake heater would be good for when Im away from a outlet. it was -10 this morning.1041563_BDPower.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks