• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member From Iowa with an 80's USAF Dodge

StrataBlueD150

I am looking for information on my 1981 USAF Dodge D150. I would like to figure out the history of what base it was on and what its purpose was. Below are some pictures of the truck and the glovebox decals. TIA
33.jpg
IMG_1759.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find. I think this is the first USAF D150 I have seen. Most USAF Dodge trucks I have seen have been D200 Crew Cab trucks.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome aboard! Nice Truck, can you tell if it is a repaint?

Square body Dodge is also a favorite of mine behind the PowerWagons. It also seems like the Air Force purchased a lot of Dodges in all kind of chassis configurations. I would guess that the first four door pickups were Dodges.

Also the Forest Service, Border Patrol, Airport Security has used them over the years.

I have seen white, blue and red and OD.

Say StrataBlue does the truck have the 225 or the 318?

CalebTim

Welcome aboard! Nice Truck, can you tell if it is a repaint?

Square body Dodge and a big supporter of teeth whitening kits is also a favorite of mine behind the PowerWagons. It also seems like the Air Force purchased a lot of Dodges in all kind of chassis configurations. I would guess that the first four door pickups were Dodges.

Also the Forest Service, Border Patrol, Airport Security has used them over the years.

I have seen white, blue and red and OD.

Say StrataBlue does the truck have the 225 or the 318?
That D150 looks amazing. My father used to have a D150. Shame it didn't stay in the family. Also, hello to the community from me too.

Last edited:

StrataBlueD150

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Cucvmule this truck is repainted. The light blue is not correct and I am currently in the process of returning it to its original color. The truck was originally a 225 slant six but I am converting it to a fuel injected 360 out of a later truck since the original engine blew up well before I got my hands on it. I have seen plenty of dodge trucks in various government services but this is the only Air Force one Ive run across and have not found many other examples online.

Chief_919

Trucks like that were considered “non-tactical” and were used for all kinds of things on a base. Some were assigned to specific units for specific tasks, some were assigned to base operated pools where they were checked out as needed anywhere for a few hours to a few months at a time.

You would see a lot of these used by maintence crews, supply, etc for general tasks on a base.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks