• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 questions

jltdvm

I bought a M101A2 from a fire dept. It is in rough shape. I want to add electric brakes because most of the surge break system has been deactivated. I found a Dexter bolt on electric brake with parking break. Can I use the military drums? I’ve seen some say it messes with the electric brakes? I’m not sure I understand how. It appears to all match up.
Second, I like the thought of a parking brake. But can not find the parking break levers. Anyone know where to get them?
Third, I would like to keep the pintle hitch system, but will remove the master cylinder to help with weight. Is there a way to put the pintle system back on with out the surge brake/master cylinder to save weight?
Thanks for any help.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You could bolt on the lunette setup from an m101 or m101a1. That's just a regular lunette setup since those trailers didn't have service brakes.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless your dead set on electric brakes, the surge brake system works great.
All factory parts (HydroAct Brand) are still available from www.crofttrailer.com
Once the surge system is correctly fixed, you won’t have to mess with it for years.

You will not find parking brake levers anywhere unless you take them off another M101A2/3 trailer.
The correct ones are nowhere to be found.
Lots of eBay listings claim to fit the M101A2/3, but they are not the correct ones.
Your not the only one looking for them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks