• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Switch for MEP

saratoga

I came across this for cheap from local muni. With this work with MEP-803/4?

[FONT=&quot]Cummins Onan Transfer Switch[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OT 125[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8562J[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]125 AMPS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]208 VAC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 HZ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Poles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Utility/Genset[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]626-1762 wiring diagram
[/FONT]Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.09.14 AM.png

Dock Rocker

Most homes in the US have a 200 amp service so you were probably out of your league for a house transfer switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Manual switch with that rating is fine, automatic transfer would not pass the national (NFPA 70 or later) or any state's electric code. With a manual switch, you are responsible for load management (or mismanagement) for safety and liability purposes.

LEOK

There is utube video how to use a 200 amp generac transfer switch with mep Gen, however it is manually switched to gen but will auto back utility power. The switch also has built in load shedding modules for up to four AC'S, based cutoff of the thermostats, it monitors frequency to determine over load. It also has aux switch that sound alarm for the return of utility power. $699.00. I've got a 30kw diesel gen coming with deep sea 7310 controller with mecc alte dedicated single phase alternator with digital regularity and turbo Perkins engine with digital temp, oil, voltage, frequency and power factor. The deep sea mimics the mep's right down to tank refill and battle start, but not EMP rated, also in a level 2 sound enclosure aluminum case. Tried to have no China sourced parts, Italy and UK, USA. All stocked in Illinois.

robertsears1

Is the 30 Kw a Stateline? I bought a fuel transfer unit that had one on it with a turbo Perkins and the DSE panel is a mystery to me even though I had read the online information, a MEP is so much simpler. Let me know when your unit comes in and you get up to speed on it and maybe you can send me some knowledge.

Robert

LEOK

Have not seen this discussed about load management. This would be handy even if you don't use an auto transfer switch. These are from generac smm 7000 module, they turn of the load by monitoring a frequency drop, each unit good for 50amp/240 load and you can have up to 8 priorities set $120.00 each. For the Auto switch 30kw unit when figuring the house load follow section 220 part IV of the new code we need to knock out the range 8.5kw and dryer 5.5kw. I figure it would make life easier for wife to live a Gen power when your not home, much easier to install rather separate Gen panel.

watch video
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.nationwidegenerators.com/generac-7000-smm-smart-management-module/[/FONT]

justacitizen

i use a manual transfer switch. works real good and no chance of backfeeding. my local linemen really appreciate it. before that or somewhere else i pull the meter.

LEOK

if you cut the seal here they assume your stealing power and minimum fine of $200.00, often will require a full inspection before they will turn power back on. If they are in bad mood they just cut your lines at the pole. Don't mess with seal on the meter can, without permit posted next to it, and I still call in advance and tell them.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you cut the seal here they assume your stealing power and minimum fine of $200.00, often will require a full inspection before they will turn power back on. If they are in bad mood they just cut your lines at the pole. Don't mess with seal on the meter can, without permit posted next to it, and I still call in advance and tell them.
Hello from Perry FL, and Go Gators! (Yeah, I know it's off topic :p)

justacitizen

don't have that problem here.

OrthoGen

Have not seen this discussed about load management. This would be handy even if you don't use an auto transfer switch. These are from generac smm 7000 module, they turn of the load by monitoring a frequency drop, each unit good for 50amp/240 load and you can have up to 8 priorities set $120.00 each. For the Auto switch 30kw unit when figuring the house load follow section 220 part IV of the new code we need to knock out the range 8.5kw and dryer 5.5kw. I figure it would make life easier for wife to live a Gen power when your not home, much easier to install rather separate Gen panel.

watch video
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.nationwidegenerators.com/generac-7000-smm-smart-management-module/[/FONT]
Im in the process of combining the Generac SMM with and MEP-803a...but can not find this particular video. Could you repost the link for it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks