• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE loader quick attach plate

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy folks,

We've probably all seen by now the youtube videos out there showing people putting pallet forks on their SEE (not HMMH). I'm curious if any of those folks are here or if any of us have put a quick attach plate on the front of our own SEEs.

There are very few things I'd like to change about my SEE. This is one of them. I've done the easy ones like LED lights all around. And large clevises on the backhoe bucket. But this one... I'm going to take my time and get input/ideas before just hacking it up because I can.

Thoughts? Ideas? Input?

Regards,
SJ

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Howdy folks,

We've probably all seen by now the youtube videos out there showing people putting pallet forks on their SEE (not HMMH). I'm curious if any of those folks are here or if any of us have put a quick attach plate on the front of our own SEEs.

There are very few things I'd like to change about my SEE. This is one of them. I've done the easy ones like LED lights all around. And large clevises on the backhoe bucket. But this one... I'm going to take my time and get input/ideas before just hacking it up because I can.

Thoughts? Ideas? Input?

Regards,
SJ
Member Profo has done it to his. Runs a grapple bucket, bush hog and other things on the front. You have to redo the plumbing so that the rear PTO operates off the front hydraulics with a splitter valve. He redid that so that everything runs off the PTO rather than the front pump. He only runs the hydraulic welder off the engine driven pump. Yes it is a 225 stick hydraulic welder.

peakbagger

I actually have been considering recreating the SEE specific mount used for the loader to make a snowplow mount. Just not sold on hanging a blade off the bucket and stressing out the loader while plowing snow. I have seen a photo somewhere of a SEE with a snowplow and it looked like it used that approach but the photo was from a distance.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go back about two years in the main (owner's) thread, or maybe it's almost three by now, there are scattered posts showing how I did my quick tach conversion on the Winter SEE.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go back about two years in the main (owner's) thread, or maybe it's almost three by now, there are scattered posts...
Hey FLU farm,

This site is such a wealth of information. But yea, to your point of "if you go back about..." If it weren't for google indexing this site, it'd be nigh on impossible some days to find it.

I know I've been asking a lot of questions. It's 1 part interest. 1 part getting people engaged. And probably 3 parts getting some of this tagged/searchable more easily in google. I figure breaking some of the info out will probably make it easier than dumpster diving threads. But maybe that's just me???

Thanks for all your input,
SJ

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my conversation with FLU farm he explained his mounting plate on his SEE and that absolutely sounded like a very intelligent way to proceed. One this he also explained to me is the hydraulics on the SEE are LO-FLOW only, meaning that if you have this brand new absolutely kick but snow blower that is a HI-FLOW unit your wasting your time mounting that unit to the SEE! I do not mean to hijack this post but also info for Sgt Jiggins is there a way to get the hydraulic flow on the SEE up to the 20 to 30 gallons per minute range? And could you keep the oil cool without any additional cooling equipment?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If memory serves me, a FLU can put out 26 gpm at some 2,500 rpm.
In my case, that's almost enough to run the snow blower in deep, wet snow. If only the SEE would be geared lower, it'd work great.
That's with a low flow 'blower, by the way, and only a little wider than the SEE.

Since I only use the 'blower when it's cold (duh!) the cooler's fans will easily keep the temps in check, but they sure come on quicker when the system works full time, and at 2,000 to 2,200 rpm.
Unlike with the backhoe, which I usually only run at 800 to 1,200 rpm anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks