• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW rear axle help

BALLZO56

I'm working on a 1941 GMC CCKW 352 closed cab truck that has had to many people with chisels working on it. The rear axle outer spindle nuts have been really abused. The axle housings are the bolt together (split?) type. I would like to replace the outer nuts so the seals have a fighting chance, as the nut also acts as the sealing surface for the seal. The nut measures 2 3/4 across the flats and the sealing part is 2 1/2 inch. I really don't want to machine these from scratch. Does anyone know if they can be bought?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vehiclesofvictory.com can help with Jimmy parts. I have some but no clue where they are.

BALLZO56

Has anyone dealt with Vehicles of Victory lately. Can't seem to reach him to discuss parts. Is it still a valid sight or is he hard to get ahold of? I really want to get parts ordered so I can move the truck again.

BALLZO56
Sorry I can't help with the wheel bearing lock nuts
After getting the right socket and trying to bump what I thought locking tabs back I see that they all have been welded together .

BALLZO56

Well, I got tired of looking for the outer nuts with the sealing collar so I had a machine shop make me 4 at 30 bucks a pop. All because some guy went chisel happy. Now I'm trying to replace some wheel studs that were cobbled up to make them fit. Someone changed them in one rear hub. The trouble is, they were too long and he put flat washers on the inside to shorten the length. All the studs I see listed for the CCKW 352 are too long, so maybe that is the trouble the other owner had. The ones I need are about 2 11/16 long from under the head to the end. That also matches all the others on the truck. The ones I see listed look to be around 3 inches or so. Anyone know where these can be found? I've looked in the truck spec books and can't find ant as yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks